• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone else freaking out over Ernesto?

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
We leave on Mon and even though it looks like it is headed for the Gulf I am dreading the rain!!!!!!!

Well, last time it was supposed to hit New Orleans, it ended up hitting Mississippi. So, being a Mississippi native, I'm hoping it doesn't come for New Orleans either! Hopefully, it will be nothing more than a severe thunderstorm by the time it makes landfall.

frankiemom said:
We leave on Mon and even though it looks like it is headed for the Gulf I am dreading the rain!!!!!!!

Well, if it's any consolation at all, the rain is usually in and out in a "relatively" short period of time (assuming storm doesn't stall... :rolleyes1 ), as the storm passes over/by.

We were on the west coast of FL two years ago during Hurricane Jeanne, and had just the one day of rain as she passed over Florida. We headed to Disney the next day, and everything was open and business as usual.

And hey, you'll be at DISNEY!!!!!! :banana:

I'm praying that Ernesto stays out to sea! Not because of my vacation but so that those poor people on the Gulf Coast can get a much needed break!

I am heading down next week also, on wednesday and I hope it doesn't hit either. It is still early and the forecast could change...hopefully it will!!!

We live in St. Petersburg, right on the Gulf. We are leaving for Fort Wilderness on Thursday. I am thinking of it as my evacuation plan :thumbsup2

1) Our home is 15-minutes from WDW.
2) We aren't worried.
3) We can't cahange the outcome.
4) Let's face it
. . . it misses us completely
. . . it gets close and hits us with rain
. . . it is a direct hit
5) In any case, life goes on.

We arrive wednesday also, but not worried over it. If it does hit it will be a rain event. Just be sure and bring along ponchos or buy one there.

I pray it leaves those poor people in New Orleans or Mississippi alone and lets them continue rebuilding....thoughts and prayers are with you all.... :sunny:

We leave on Friday as well and have our eye on this one. Hopefully just a quick moving rain event.

Don't worry about the things you can't control. Rain doesn't stop many people at disney, you just grab a poncho and go.

Enjoy your vacation!

penguingirlie said:
We are headed down Thursday from Alabama. I think we will be okay. At least we will be at Disney!

We might see ya on the road :woohoo: We head out from NE FL on Thurs. I am slightly worried about the rain :guilty:

Well for all of us here in North Texas who haven't seen rain since the first of July, we say "Bring it on" to Ernesto. We are in a severe drought and have cracks in our yards that go all the way to China. I mean the dogs are afraid of walking in the back yard for fearing of falling in and never being found again!!!!! :wave2:

Please Please Please let it go away!!!!!!! :sad2: :wizard: :wizard:

My DD5 birthday is August 29th (the day katrina hit). princess: :guilty:

I think I will officially move my 2 DD's August birthdays to November when we visit WDW!!!! :crazy:

I agree with everyone I hope it goes away. We do not leave for Disney until Sept 8th. When Katrina hit last year, we almost had to miss our September trip, because of the roads being closed. So hopefully it will not come close to anyone. We do need a serious break from hurricanes in the south!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter