Is anyone currently on a Disney cruise?

That’s not what I’m saying. If a person gets on with no symptoms, they aren’t lying. If a person wants to mask their symptoms to board, there is no way to prove someone suppressed their fever the day before.

I see what you're saying, but don't have an answer for you. Maybe by some severe interviewing? Interrogating your spouse and kids? I don't think they can prove it, but I think if you're in acute respiratory distress, they are going to assume it.

Has the additional screening/temperature taking caused a delay embarking? I don’t know if it was a coincidence or not but I noticed that the Dream didn’t pass by Fishlips until 5:30 yesterday.

Did you notice any different procedures at your ports of call?

They were very aggressive about sanitizing hands and did not have the traditional water station out when you were returning to the ship. Otherwise it was completely normal compared to the past. They Did have the flavored waters out on castaway returning to the ship.

Has the additional screening/temperature taking caused a delay embarking? I don’t know if it was a coincidence or not but I noticed that the Dream didn’t pass by Fishlips until 5:30 yesterday.

I saw that too. Honestly we left earlier than usual on Friday (4:15 as opposed to the normal 4:30) compared to my last Cruise on the dream. Probably something minor that delayed them. For our temp screening on Friday it took only a matter of seconds. The cast and the nurses were great about explaining everything and the reasoning and were very thorough.

There is a limitation to what they can do for screening and what not. Thankfully with the media coverage of this issue, I would think and hope that anyone who was in question would not cruise and contact them. They checked every single page of our passports for stamps as well which was much more thorough than in the past where they just looked at the information to make sure everything matched.

We bring our own cups, but don't fill them directly from the soda station. We use one of the disposable cups at the drink station to fill them with ice and soda. Then throw out the disposable cup.

Psy

Most people don't, especially the kids!! :oops: I was just wondering what people are doing now.

We bring our own cups, but don't fill them directly from the soda station. We use one of the disposable cups at the drink station to fill them with ice and soda. Then throw out the disposable cup.

Psy
What is the point of that? No shade. Is it a volume issue, sensory differences? It can’t possibly be more environmentally friendly. I’m just curious why you would bother with it.

What is the point of that? No shade. Is it a volume issue, sensory differences? It can’t possibly be more environmentally friendly. I’m just curious why you would bother with it.
DCL asks you to do it so the germs that you have on your personal cup to not touch any part of the dispensing equipment which could contaminate the next person. Passengers are asked to take a new clean cup and dispense the soda into it and then pour it into your personal cup. It’s like asking someone to not double dip the chip into the dip.

We're supposed to board the beautiful Fantasy on the 21st and my husband is a little concerned about the virus especially on a cruise, and still thinking about cancel this trip :sad1:
I'm confident that DCL will keep their guests and CM's save, so keep your fingers crossed that this virus doesn't get out of control :flower1:

We are scheduled on that cruise too!!! My hubby wants to postpone only out of fear of quarantine.....I still want to go and really am not very worried about it. Keep us posted what you decide!

We're supposed to board the beautiful Fantasy on the 21st and my husband is a little concerned about the virus especially on a cruise, and still thinking about cancel this trip :sad1:
I'm confident that DCL will keep their guests and CM's save, so keep your fingers crossed that this virus doesn't get out of control :flower1:
We are sailing on the fantasy on the 14th! Fingers crossed... I was worried that it would be a ghost town. I hope that there are other brave/rational/hand washing souls out there!

We disembarked this morning from Magic. CM’s talk a bit about it, when one-on-one, but not as a main topic of conversation. They did not seem overly concerned, but they don’t really have time to read everything, especially on social media. Once we heard the CDC recommendation about not cruising, we chose not to mention it to CM’s, since their job can be in jeopardy because of what’s happening,

As far as changes in the functioning of the ship, they do not allow guests to use the self-serve ice cream themselves - there are two employees at all times and the machines are cordoned off - but the buffet and the soda stations still are self-service. We noticed they were changing the spoons and tongs in Cabanas and at Cookies very often. I had never seen them change them systematically before. Our Palo server told us they added a new cleaning procedure using a special product that they use every night after service all around the restaurant. I didn‘t ask if the MDR’s were receiving the same treatment.

The main problem is still guests behaviour. I saw a guy come out of a bathroom stall, rince his hands for barely two seconds then head to the buffet. I saw guests voluntarily bypassing both the sinks and anti-bacterial wipes at Cabanas. During debarkation, a kid had his mouth on the railway around the atrium on deck 4, and plenty of kids were playing with the ropes while waiting to go through immigration.

Thanks for that update!

We have done it in the past to use insulated cups so that the drinks stay cold and we can put a lid on them so we don’t have spills all over the place!

Sadly everyone was filling up their cups directly. I was the only person I saw using Disney cups to fill my personal cup.
That is really too bad in this current environment- disposable cups are not environmentally friendly but I think that they have to be pretty strict about hygiene now and always! I have always wished that there was a quick sanitizer for reusable cups at the drink station! Not sure what could be used though...

I see what you're saying, but don't have an answer for you. Maybe by some severe interviewing? Interrogating your spouse and kids? I don't think they can prove it, but I think if you're in acute respiratory distress, they are going to assume it.
After the latest cruise fiascos I am sure that most people will be extremely reluctant to report fever or illness, in favour of self isolation, medication, hand washing, and getting the heck off the boat. In the past when we were dealing with colds or teething we just kept the little ones quietly away from food, people etc until under control. A lot of young kids will have innocent minor illness - I hope that none land us in military quarantine!

After the latest cruise fiascos I am sure that most people will be extremely reluctant to report fever or illness, in favour of self isolation, medication, hand washing, and getting the heck off the boat. In the past when we were dealing with colds or teething we just kept the little ones quietly away from food, people etc until under control. A lot of young kids will have innocent minor illness - I hope that none land us in military quarantine!

Yes, i'm sure that will be happening most of the time. I just hope no one would do that if their life were in peril and they were thinking it might be the coronavirus.

Our health department has said that one of the major differences between Covid-19 and the seasonal flu is shortness of breath. Surely someone won't wait a day or two to speak up about that symptom till they could disembark, endangering their lives and the lives of others? I wouldn't risk it, if it were me.

Psy
What everyone SHOULD do, don’t see many doing that, frustrates me

They checked every single page of our passports for stamps as well

I don’t understand this. I have to beg for passport stamps these days or my kids’ passports would be empty. The eye rolls I get from border agents as they tell me it’s all electronic and they don’t even know where the stamp is is more common than reliably stamping my passport.

I don’t understand this. I have to beg for passport stamps these days or my kids’ passports would be empty. The eye rolls I get from border agents as they tell me it’s all electronic and they don’t even know where the stamp is is more common than reliably stamping my passport.
I agree I was excited to get some stamps in our passport on our cruise through the U.K. this past summer. The only country that stamped ours was Ireland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter