• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone a plumber?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Ok, I am getting SO annoyed..we are having the same issue for the 4th time in 1.5 yrs and I need to get some expert opinion from someone here on the DIS. Our kitchen sink is not draining again. Here's the facts: Our kitchen is in the back of the house, sink is in the middle of the room, big sink, small side has a garbage disposal. Apparently, the line/pipe out of the house is a long ways. So, like I said, 4th time we're having the issue. Other times, plumber comes out and rods the drain for like 25 feet. Tells me not to put rice or pasta in the garbage disposal, and thats that. Now its been 3 months since the last time they were out. I really put next to nothing in the disposal, definitely no noodles or rice. And now same issue. There has to be some larger problem here that we need to get fixed. Our house is new...7 yrs old, we had it built, so no old problems. Also, we have 'city' water but have a water softener as well. Not sure if that matters. Anyone have this issue before or have any advice before the plumber gets here tomorrow? Thanks!

Is 25' long enough? WHen we did my dad's main line the clog was almost 100' out!

ANother (expensive) option is to "TV" the line. They send a cable with a camera and you can see if a pipe has collapsed or if there is some other problem.

If it does find a problem the camera also has a radio transmitter so you can fid exactly where the problem is. Like under the floor or out in the yard.

Mikeeee

Depends if the tank is 25 feet from the sink. Make sure they snake all the way down - you'd be amazed where things clog.

Is this the only thing that isn't draining well?

I have been in plumbing sales (and worked with contractors/plumbers) for almost 20 years-my suggestion other than whether they snaked the line out far enough would be whether the sink is vented properly. There should be a stack pipe that goes thru the roof that allows air into the drain line and gives it the ability to drain. Just another thought-good luck.

I have been in plumbing sales (and worked with contractors/plumbers) for almost 20 years-my suggestion other than whether they snaked the line out far enough would be whether the sink is vented properly. There should be a stack pipe that goes thru the roof that allows air into the drain line and gives it the ability to drain. Just another thought-good luck.

Isn't there supposed to be an airgap in the drain if a disposal and dishwasher are used.

Mikeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter