Is anybody familiar with Bellevue Women's Hospital in Niskayuna?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
this was recommended by an on-line friend and we went for the tour today, even though I'm only 9 weeks pregnant. we are new to the area (near Saratoga) and I want to choose my hospital and dr. now. I need to add that I am hoping to VBAC, which only Bellevue and St. Pete's seem to allow in the area.

I can't decide what to think about Bellevue. Our tour was rushed because the lady was running late. We weren't able to see any post-partum rooms because they were all filled. The place felt very old to me, very small. She said they take the baby away for an hour or so to bathe and evaluate...my dh can go with him, but obviously I wouldn't be able to. Not something that happened when I had my son, even though he was a section he was evaluated right in the OR and take to recovery with me. They do allow for rooming in, but every room is a double.

I guess I got spoiled at my old hospital in Boston.

If anyone is familiar with this hospital I'd loved to hear both pros and cons about it...anything you can offer would be helpful.

TIA!

I delivered at St. Peters. I liked the atmosphere there better.

I have a lot of friends that delivered at Bellevue, the one thing they all liked about it was that it's a womans hospital and really geared towards female patients and their needs.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter