Is Anaheim as miserably hot and humid in Aug as Orlando?

Tuffy

Earning My Ears
Although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first time to Disneyland in 42 years. I'm thinking Anaheim isn't as grossly hot and, especially, humid in August as Orlando is. Am I right?

It can get very hot, but it's not humid. I've been there in September when it's in the 90's, but it was nothing like Florida, thank goodness!

Originally posted by Tuffy
Although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first time to Disneyland in 42 years. I'm thinking Anaheim isn't as grossly hot and, especially, humid in August as Orlando is. Am I right?

The average temperature is in the mid to upper 80's and we don't have any problems with humidity. Nothing to worry about there.

And unlike Orlando, it does NOT rain here every afternoon in the summer. :)

In August it'll be hot, no lying to you about that. But it is much better than Orlando. Unless there is an immediate thunderstorm, there will be low humidity in Anaheim. The heat can average in the 80's and 90's but there is the once in a blue moon heatwave where it'll be well into the 100's. But still, without the humidity it beats Orlando hands down.
Just plan on drinking LOTS of water, staying in the shade whenever you can, have small breaks to sit & cool off (more & more queues are indoors these days which helps), and if you are like me (sweats if it's over 75 degrees) carry a small fan or mister bottle with you.

I lived in CA for years and then moved to FL (talk about culture shock). I would take the heat of CA over the humidity of FL any day.

It does get hot, but you don't have near the humidity problem as Orlando does. One thing you might have to worry about are smog alerts. Unfortunately in Southern CA, smog is almost a fact of life. Especially the closer you are to LA.

As ivanova said, make sure you have plenty of drinking water and do anything to keep yourself cool. Bring plenty of sunscreen too. Someone wrote recently they had gotten sun poisoning but couldn't figure out how since they wore sunscreen. The doctor told her it takes up to 30 minutes for it to be totally effective. So keep that in mind. We always put sunscreen on before we go to breakfast.

We were in DL last July and were surprised how nice it was (esp. compared to WDW!!) It was hot during the day (mid 80s) but cool enough at night that I needed to buy a sweatshirt.

One of the key factors isn making my decision to visit DL this year in the summer was the Florida heat! I visited WDW the last two summers in a row and boy was it HOT & HUMID. (It was the only time of the year I could go, believe me I would have preferred December, which I also did) I was raised in Puerto Rico so the heat has never really bothered me since in P.R. as in Hawaii, there are always tradewinds to cool off a bit but Florida's humidity is Horrendous! What I couldn't understand was that they kept the pools HEATED in that heat (this was at the Caribbean Beach Resort, which is beautiful btw). I'm so looking forward to this vacation in CA, never have been and if its as good as I hope it is it probably won't be my last!! LOL! California here I come!!

Honestly, to me it is hot here maybe TWO weeks out of the year! ;) But then again, I freeze when it gets below 60 degrees.

I LOVE the warm weather and sunshine, and as others have mentioned, no matter what it is almost always COOL in the evenings here.

Florida in the summer can be BRUTAL with heat, humidity and rain. Southern California is nothing like that. Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter