• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is an early Crystal palace breakfast worth it?

JAZmommy

Earning My Ears
We are all Of course tired and debating whether or not to keep our pre park opening res at Crystal Palace or get a few more hours of sleep. Suggestions? Thanks!

It's my daughter's favorite and I love the park before it is open. And this is from a non-morning family! But you know your family and if you think sleep or experience will win out!

I like it, but I also like having the last breakfast seating around 10:30 am. There is a break between breakfast and lunch so the characters have lots of time with those few remaining families. I prefer the breakfast menu and it's nice to have so few people in a restaurant that is normally pretty chaotic.

I love going into Magic Kingdom before they open to other guests and being able to get pictures of Main Street and the castle.

it all depends on you and your familys preferences... if sleeping in is very important to you, or would you rather go into a virtually empty Magic Kingdom. :-)

I definitely think it is worth waking up early and going to CP for breakfast before the park opens. You can get some great photos without other people's heads in them. My wife to be and I have an 8:30 AM ADR for CP this June. Remember you can always sleep in every other day on your vacation if you want.

We did it, and we loved it! The food was one of our favorites and it was worth it on the kids faces when they met the characters. The park was busier than we expected pre-opening and when we were done eating it was packed. Thank you for the encouragement!!

Yes! Having Dessie's before park opening is a wonderful time to get great pics of main street and the castle with little or no people in the background.

Also, the pooh's puffed French toast is amazing.

I think it's worth it but I'm a morning person. I enjoy being on a quiet Main Street, love Eeyore and the breakfast selections at CP are pretty darn good!

If you don't want to get up early, why not do lunch? They have a nice buffet for lunch, and you can either sleep in or tour the park for a few hours and then eat.

We have always loved doing an 8 to 8:15 ADR in the past on a non EMH day as we felt if we were out by 8:45 and at one of the lands for rope drop we were always four to five rides into the day before the rest of the crowd caught up. In Aug 2012 however it felt as though they were letting people in up front earlier and it seemed the crowds caught up faster. We are going to just try Early entry this year and see how it goes:upsidedow

I absolutely think it's worth it. We went there with no kids and I still say it's worth it. It's great to walk Main Street and get some unobstructed photos of the castle! The food was a little bit better than the "standard" buffet food. I'd do it again!

I definitely think it is worth it! I love walking down an empty Main Street and the Crystal Palace breakfast buffet is great!

We do early ressie at CP on our departure day. It's just tradition. If you're tired and just want to sleep, I say sleep. It is a longer breakfast and the food is good but, not great. Enjoy sleeping in.

melissafox18 said:
I absolutely think it's worth it. We went there with no kids and I still say it's worth it. It's great to walk Main Street and get some unobstructed photos of the castle! The food was a little bit better than the "standard" buffet food. I'd do it again!

We are the same just the two of us. We have been able to get some lovely photos of Main Street with no one around. Love the food but it can take a while to see all the characters. For some reason we can see tigger and the other characters twice but always wait ages to see pooh.

If you want to sleep late then by all means its your vacation do what's best for you and yours. Coming from the uk we tend to do the ADRS for breakfast in our fist couple of days due to always p super early with the time difference later in the trip it's sleep late eat late.

IMO it is. You can walk down an uncrowded Main Street, get great photos, have a fun breakfast with Pooh and friends, and then you are right at the end of Main St. when the park opens. :thumbsup2

I think any kind of pre-park opening ADR in MK is worth it...especially if it's one of the earliest ones. I just love that feeling of being in there before the masses. CP is also a tasty breakfast. Pooh's Puffs are great and I've heard the lasagna is back. Plus, if you have the 8:05a, we've found it's pretty easy to finish up just as the park is opening so you have a slight lead on the rest of the crowds entering the park.

We loved the early CP reservation. It was really fun getting low-crowd pictures of Main Street and the castle, and we thought the breakfast was quite good.

We're doing it again in May!

We were just there last week and I was pleasantly surprised. It was one our favorite ADRs. We will definitely do it again! We had an 8:05 ADR and it was just perfect. The food was good the characters were fun and the restaurant is beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter