Is All Day Dining at SW worth it?

trouttigger

Mouseketeer
We're planning to spend 2 days. One with the Shamu Dining Experience, one without. Would all day dining be a good deal for the day without the SDE?

Are the menus and prices for the SW restaurants posted anywhere?

Thanks!

If you click here:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining

it will take you to a list of the dining locations at SW. You can select the restaurant you want to learn about from the left side of the screen, then it will give you the option to look at the menu (use the tab near the bottom of the screen just under the photo of the restaurant). Unfortunately, there's no prices listed just a summary of the various entrees and drinks offered.

If you eat two full meals at SW you will most definitely at least break even on your cost, and almost surely come out ahead when you factor in a drink and side with both meals (unless you are consistenly eating the cheapest things available). If you eat breakfast there as well, and then snack and/or drink throughout the day, you will get VERY good value from the all day dining.

I am quite sure they want to surcharge my boys when they go through the line yet again :eek:......if you notice share prices decline after our visits, its because they just lost a ton on two all day dining purchases :rotfl: .

It depends,if I get to the park on a cool day at 11am and the park closes at 6pm,I would obviously pass on the all day dining deal.If you show up close to the opening time during summertime and the park is open until 9 or 10pm then you'll be insane not to get it.

The factors you have to think about are how many meals will you get in considering the time you'll be at the park,if you get there near opening time you'll also be able to have breakfast at the Voyager's smokehouse which I believe is the restaurant that offers breakfast.If you're going during the hotter months having the ability to just go in the restaurants at any time to get a soda or bottle of water is priceless,during the cooler months you will not need to drink as much so it wouldn't be as necessary.Also aside from the meals you can also go in anytime and grab some fruit or a dessert to eat as a snack which is another plus to get it.

The price for the entrees are around $7-$14,depending on what you get which is typical pricing for most theme parks.Desserts are $3-$4 and are very good when compared to counter service desserts at the other area parks as they're made in house.Drinks will be around $3 so you have to figure on close to $15 per person if you get an entree,dessert and drink,so as long as you eat twice you're at least close to breaking even.If you have light eaters the plan might not work as well for them.

Yeah it depends on how many meals you plan on eating - how long you plan to stay. I have actually eaten all three meals plus snacks and saved 50% easy - but that was with longer summer hours/activities. What I do appreciate about the all day dining deal is that sides and drinks are included - so it is nice say for that bowl of strawberries with chocolate sauce that I probably wouldn't get without the deal.

A meal would be say $9 for hamburger and fries, $3 for side item - like strawberries, $3 for water - so $15 easy plus any snacks you might want during the day. Also I really liked the BBQ at Voyagers which was a little more expensive at $13 - made it worth it. I think for sure you would break even. What it does do is give you freedom to eat whenever you want what you want - for example I just wanted a piece of pizza as a snack one day and hopped into the buffet which is normally $15 (not really worth that IMO) but since I was on the plan it was just fine.

Depends on how you eat. It doesn't make sense for my family, but will for some. I have special dietary considerations for this trip so it's impossible for me. (To the extent that I'll have to bring food into the park). My two youngest kids usually eat less than one adult combined. We'll be there for lunch and dinner, but it still doesn't make sense for us.

I did the all day dining deal at Busch Gardens one day in summer and I think I probably would've spent $70-$90 between meals,snacks and water and sodas throughout the day with the hot temperatures.Since I have an annual pass and the price then was $30 I got it for $27,Pretty good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter