Is AKL construction disrupting animal views? How long?

Ish&DrJones

Earning My Ears
Hi, does anyone know how long the AKL construction will be going on, and if it is affecting the animals - in regard to Savannah views? We're going in late Jan 2008 and plan to book a SV, but if the animals are no longer there because of construction, that would be silly.

I know there's been a lot of talk about the construction lately, but I haven't seen anything related to the SVs or how long it would be going on.

If anyone knows the answer or could point me in the direction to find out, I'd much appreciate it. :)

I always ask for Sunset Savannah when I go because that is where the Thompson Gazelles have been ever since opening. In May, I got my usual Sunset room and was disappointed to learn that the "tommies" had been moved to Uzima due to the construction on the other side of Sunset (this is where the new construction for DVC is taking place.) There were still giraffes and some other animals though and it was kind of interesting watching the construction.

However, if this is a concern, I would request Uzima or Arusha to avoid the construction since they don't face that direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter