Is a one night stay at CB worth it?

TinkFan74

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to Universal on August 13th for one day, we have park to park passes and would like to be able to stay as long as possible but my daughter and I are prone to heat stroke. I was wondering if renting a room at CB for one night would be a good idea, this way we can take a nap in the middle of the day or even take a swim, I was hoping that we could even take advantage of EE as we have not been to Universal since prior to the opening of the new HP section; can you get a lot done in the first hour, or would it be a waste of time and money? We will have a room at AKL as well and will be heading back there once Universal closes. Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks

It has it advantages. Why you don't get express pass with CBBR, you do get early entry and that is a great advantage to use when it comes to Harry Potter. Also It's just a great resort to hang out in. A quick five minute bus ride from Citywalk and you are back at the resort. And location is good. Getting to AKL from there is going to a trip in itself though.

I think that it is worth it.

Last edited:
I say Yes! Cabana Bay is an amazing hotel (one of my favorites), the a design and ambiance of the resort definitely make it worth spending some time there. If you get a good rate I would go for it.

x
Dora

Great hotel. Just back from a four night stay. LOVED the pool areas. Request a room close to the lobby (ours was like a 1/4 mile down at the end of the Americana wing....long hike).

I ended up booking at the HRH so that we could get the express pass, next time we will stay at CB.

Even better! Heat is awful for me, and HRH is CLOSE! You can walk it, but I also have taken a pedicab from the US entrance. The boat taxi will be good to use if you are going to go to City Walk, but it's a long walk from there to the studios so I just went directly from the hotel to the park entrance (or back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter