• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a Miraclesuit worth the money?

JanaDee

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a new suit for our upcoming Mexico trip and came across the Miraclesuit.

I currently have a Lands End suit I love that was purchased about 10 years ago, but I don't like any of the suits they sell right now. I am plus sized, so that limits my options.

Is the Miraclesuit worth $168? If I like them, I wear suits for a long time.

Yes, they last a long time. I usually get the separates. I even paid for faster shipping to get it in time the first time I bought one.

Nice...(I just googled them). Dumb me - I was actually picturing something involving a blazer and slacks or a skirt...:rotfl:A really nice-fitting swim suit that you feel good in is hard to come by. I've got lots of cheap, OK ones but should probably look at what you're doing and "invest". The last great one I owned was ruined when I wore it a few times in a mineral thalassotherapy pool on a cruise ship.

Nice...(I just googled them). Dumb me - I was actually picturing something involving a blazer and slacks or a skirt...:rotfl:A really nice-fitting swim suit that you feel good in is hard to come by. I've got lots of cheap, OK ones but should probably look at what you're doing and "invest". The last great one I owned was ruined when I wore it a few times in a mineral thalassotherapy pool on a cruise ship.

Oh yes! Worth every penny!

The only problem with the Miracle Suit is - it doesn't work miracles on "things" that aren't covered with the suit!

Oh yes! Worth every penny!

The only problem with the Miracle Suit is - it doesn't work miracles on "things" that aren't covered with the suit!
I have been reading some reviews and there are complaints of the fabric being thin. That definitely gives me pause. I found a suit at Torrid I love, too.

Love my Miracle Suits. My suits are definitely not thin and that is one of the reasons I buy them. They hold up very well.

If you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx in your area, they usually have some Miraclesuit swimsuits for sale. They are usually around $30. They are probably last year's models, but it would be a huge savings if you find one there :)

My favorite swimsuits are made by Beach House. They have a swim skirt that is so comfy and sucks you in and has zipper pockets on side which is nice. I put my money in a ziploc and put in pocket when we go to a water park. They do come in plus sizes. I found them at Dillards to try on for sizing and then now can order off other websites. They are pricey but they do last. Here is their website. http://www.beachhouseswim.com/beach-house-woman.html

Last edited:
My favorite swimsuits are made by Beach House. They have a swim skirt that is so comfy and sucks you in and has zipper pockets on side which is nice. I put my money in a ziploc and put in pocket when we go to a water park. They do come in plus sizes. I found them at Dillards to try on for sizing and then now can order off other websites. They are pricey but they do last. Here is their website. http://www.beachhouseswim.com/beach-house-woman.html
the Beach house options look interesting...what makes their skirt cover up different from average? I have one,but this looks nice with the pocket on the side.....

I love my miracle suit, but I don't think I would have paid $168 for it. I ordered it online from Always for Me, and paid less than $60. It's a really nice black and turquoise one piece - I get compliments on it all the time.

If your larger on top then bottom buy separates. Its hard to find a suit with 36dd and size 10/12 bottom. ugh.

This is the suit I ended up ordering. http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Swim/Peekaboo+One-Piece+Swimsuit-10230340.jsp I wanted a one piece, basic suit. I didn't want a 2 piece, or a swim dress, or a "cute" little skirt or any of that other stuff. I want a basic, one piece suit (that doesn't cost $200) that won't have people recoiling in horror and one I'm not afraid to get wet.

I really like that one (although I've languished in plain black one-pieces for so long it would take some courage to get me into red). Good choice! :thumbsup2 On the size chart, do you know what size would equal a 10/12? I'm not familiar with the 0-4 system they're using.

I really like that one (although I've languished in plain black one-pieces for so long it would take some courage to get me into red). Good choice! :thumbsup2 On the size chart, do you know what size would equal a 10/12? I'm not familiar with the 0-4 system they're using.
Torrid is a plus size store, so everything would probably be too big for you. :) They do start at a plus size 12, though. A 12 is equivalent to a size large, so in their sizing system, a 12 equals 0. Make sense? lol

the Beach house options look interesting...what makes their skirt cover up different from average? I have one,but this looks nice with the pocket on the side.....

It is hard to explain but it feels nice, comfy and great control and coverage. It is kind of a soft smooth material and really does well with control and coverage but not sucking you in so tight that you cannot breathe. It just fits well. I am a size 14 and have trouble finding something that fits comfortably and looks good and this does. The side pocket has been a bonus but I do use it every time we go to an amusement park, waterpark, etc.

It is hard for me to spend this much money on a suit but I do love it and it has been worth it. I even bought a second one last year to have a change. I also love their halter style tops that cover up. I am large chested and all other suits showed too much for me. I like this style because I can bend over and play with son and not worry about flashing people.

Torrid is a plus size store, so everything would probably be too big for you. :) They do start at a plus size 12, though. A 12 is equivalent to a size large, so in their sizing system, a 12 equals 0. Make sense? lol

Oh, I see. I couldn't help but notice that my, ahem, upper-physique looks like a 11 year-old boy's compared to that hot lady in the red swimsuit. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter