Is a Malt a non-alcholic beverage??

Lv4Disney

Earning My Ears
For 50's Prime Time, is a Malt concidered either a desert or a non-alcholic beverage, or is it no either one and thus not included in the DDP??:confused3

Technically:

Malt beverage is an American term for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic fermented beverages, in which the primary ingredient is barley, which has been allowed to sprout ("malt") slightly before it is processed. By far, the most predominant malt beverage is beer, of which there are two main styles: ale and lager. A non-alcoholic beverage brewed in this fashion is technically identical to "non-alcoholic beer." Such a beverage may be prepared by either removing alcohol from the finished product or by using a slightly altered brewing process which yields very little alcohol (technically less than 0.5% by weight).

50's Prime Time Menu does list Malt under "non-alcoholic beverages." I have read reports where it is allowed on the DDP, but things change. You should ask your server for the current policy.

I can't tell you what Disney's definition of a Malt is, but with regards to the dessert origin a Malt has always meant something akin to a milkshake into which they add a thickening agent, usually a starch/powder, that stiffens it from a fluid liquid (see straw) into more of a solid (see spoon). Again, what Disney does with it I can't say, but any respectable ice cream shop would serve you something like this.

For 50's Prime Time, is a Malt concidered either a desert or a non-alcholic beverage, or is it no either one and thus not included in the DDP??:confused3

We use the DDP several times a year and have always been able to get milkshakes or smoothies as our beverage. We've had them at the Wave, Le Cellier, Konas, Whispering Canyon, the old Concourse Steak House, Sci Fi, 50's Prime Time, and probably other places I'm not remembering right now. But I know we got them at these places.

Just FYI: We've also gotten virgin daqueris at Flying Fish and California Grill as our beverage on the DDP. We've not tried anywhere else to get the daqueris.

Also just FYI: Around here a malt is just a milk shake with malt flavoring added. It doesn't have anything to do with alcohol or with making the shake thicker.

Hah. Guiltily amused at the direction this thread went.

Milk Shakes & Malts - Choice of vanilla or chocolate. - $4.99

Reports are that shakes are included on the DDP at 50's, which, of course, also includes malts, by definition.

Ok....let me see if I've got this straight.

The 50's Prime Time malt qualifies as a non-alcoholic beverage under the DDP....but they're only served in barley or starch flavor.....and you can't use a straw....unless you get authorization from a virgin at the Flying Fish?

Ok....let me see if I've got this straight.

The 50's Prime Time malt qualifies as a non-alcoholic beverage under the DDP....but they're only served in barley or starch flavor.....and you can't use a straw....unless you get authorization from a virgin at the Flying Fish?

If the fish is flying... it's not a virgin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter