Is a Deferral Possible?

sportsguy2315

Earning My Ears
First time poster. Basically, my story goes like this:
I applied for the CP this morning on a whim. My phone interview's tomorrow, and as much as I want to go ASAP I do have to finish school here because I am a senior next year. Would it affect my status/standing/etc. if I said during my interview that I had to defer until Fall Advantage 12, or when would I disclose this?

Unfortunately, it is not possible for Disney Internships and Programs Participants, including those on the Disney College Program, to defer their programme experience. If you would like to attend at a later date, please apply again once Walt Disney Parks and Resorts College Recruiting has announced that it is accepting applications for the date in question.

I have heard that for people who have already been accepted but find they can't do the program any more, if you let CP recruiting know before you're supposed to check in, it won't affect your standing if you decide to apply for a different time.
I'd just let them during your interview (which you might have already had by the time you see this) that you can't do the program this fall due to school, & reapply next year. It shouldn't affect your future applications.

they won't consider you that far out. they only interview for what they are interviewing for (2011 fall, fall adv, fall quarter).

if you can't do it until next fall, call them and cancel your interview.

no need to waste your time or the interviewers time.

If you're positive you're not going to be doing Fall/FA '11, then you should just stop the whole process now. It won't hurt your standing at all; I applied for Spring Advantage '09 and got accepted for Attractions, but my school would only give me credit for the Character Performer role, and since I didn't pass the audition, I had to decline. Now a year and a half later I'm officially on my way to being an Attractions CM! Saying no now (or any time before the deadline Disney gives you) will in no way affect their decision on any future CPs you may apply for.

Deferral is not possible but you can apply again for the next season. Your decision to decline will not affect your chances in getting the next time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter