Is a DAS card going to help...

YensidRocks

Mouseketeer
Good Evening,

I will be visiting WDW next month with a new found issue with my legs. I was diagnosed with Venous Insufficiency which causes leg swelling and blood pooling, etc. As a result, my doctor doesn't recommend me standing on line for long periods of time. He says it's going to cause me great pain, and worsen my condition which led me to researching the DAS card. If I was to get a DAS card, will Disney provide a place for me to rest while waiting to board the ride as opposed to standing on line? I'm not quite sure how it all works. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Good Evening,

I will be visiting WDW next month with a new found issue with my legs. I was diagnosed with Venous Insufficiency which causes leg swelling and blood pooling, etc. As a result, my doctor doesn't recommend me standing on line for long periods of time. He says it's going to cause me great pain, and worsen my condition which led me to researching the DAS card. If I was to get a DAS card, will Disney provide a place for me to rest while waiting to board the ride as opposed to standing on line? I'm not quite sure how it all works. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

A DAS card does not guarentee you somewhere to rest and Disney will not guarentee that. They may also tell you that you are not elligible for a DAS as it may fall under stamina/mobility which is not covered by a DAS since most lines afe ECV/wheelchair accessible. Have you looked into renting a wheelchair or ECV from an offsite vendor?

Good Evening,

Best,
the DAS card will do nothing for you at all ( see quote below from Disney). The only thing the DAS card does is give you some place to wait beside the line. With this said I would rent a wheel chair or a roller and use this to sit in when in line. You do not need to use it all the time if the line is short enough you can park it. some where and just walk the line. This will also give you a set when waiting for things like the parade fire works, extra.

Also if you need to lie down for a bit and have your legs up some you can go to first aid ( they are at all the parks) and you can lie down there.

Thaken form Disney website ( and I would also add need to sit in the question)

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?

A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS. Depending on the attraction, Guests utilizing a wheelchair or scooter will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction comparable to the current wait time. For some attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, these Guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.

and before you ask there are about 5 rides at Disney that will give you a return time and they are

jungle cruse
BTMRR
I think IASW
space motion
space ship earth.
I might have misses one.

Last edited:
I do not believe your situation would qualify for a DAS. I am familiar with yoor diagnosis, and I would suggest looking into compression sleeves for your legs and renting a scooter if you think it would help. Personally, I find that sitting makes issues worse and walking keeps issues at bay. I have found that moving my legs up and down and rotating my feet while standing helps.

Last edited:
highly unlikely you will be issued a DAS at all. besides, there are almost no places to sit and rest anymore. the benches keep mysteriously disappearing.

I agree with everyone above. The DAS doesn't eliminate standing at all, you still have to come back and walk / wait through the fast pass line. Renting an ECV might be the best plan for you. You can park it if you don't want to use it all day. Some rides do have a shortcut for wheelchairs and ECVs where they can't navigate through the whole queue. TSMM comes to mind. I think a lot of people are hesitant to rent an ECV and I was hesitant to get the stroller tag our first visit with him, but it is such a game changer to be confident and comfortable with your mobility in the park.

As everyone noted, the DAS allows someone to wait outside the line - it does not provide an area or place to rest. If anything, we find ourselves on our feet more with a DAS as you need to go to the attraction twice. Given the lack of seating throughout the parks, the best option is probably a wheelchair or ECV if you would need to sit frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter