is a 12:15 back home doable??

adznyfan

Earning My Ears
hi all
so trying to plan our flights and found the perfect flight except having never been on a cruise is a flight leaving orlando at 12:15 doable ? will we have enough time to get from port canerval to orlando international to catch our flight?

thanks

hi all
so trying to plan our flights and found the perfect flight except having never been on a cruise is a flight leaving orlando at 12:15 doable ? will we have enough time to get from port canerval to orlando international to catch our flight?

thanks

I think that is plenty of time. How are you getting from the port to the airport? Last year, we had a rental car & made it to the Magic Kingdom and were in line for a ride by 10:30. Personally, I wouldn't book anything before 11:30.

hi all

thanks

It will be tight. Disney suggests no sooner than 12noon. I wouldn't do it, but others here have. Everything has to go exactly to plan.

- Dreams

Last month we walked off the Magic at 8, picked up our luggage and went through the customs line by 8:30, waited a half hour for our 9am limo. We were at the airport before 10am and checked our bags and went through a very long security line and the tram and we were still waiting at our gate by 10:30 for a 12:00 flight.

It's very doable. As a previous poster mentioned, if something goes wrong -- traffic, security holdup, etc., you can run into a problem, but in my opinion that can happen anytime! Driving from the airport to Port Canaveral the day before the cruise, we were stopped on the highway for about an hour due to a car accident. We guessed that not only was it a serious accident, but ambulances and clean-up crew were apparently slowed down by the construction on the highway that left a big segment of the highway with no shoulder on either side. If that had happened on our way back to the airport, we would have probably missed our flight. If for some reason we were stuck in Orlando an extra day, we would not have missed anything urgent back home. (I would never cut it that close on the way to the cruise, we always arrive the day before!)

I need to do the same thing. My daughter has her dance recital at 6pm the day we get off the ship. I need to be back to Massachusetts and at the place to get her ready for 5pm and no later.

IF.IF.IF.....everything goes right,you can make it no problem.....IF one thing goes wrong......your going to be likely trying to book a later flight and paying the extra money.

IE...ship arrives late, not often but it can happen, traffic or a accident, or a car or DME breakdown on the way to MCO..........delays in going though secruity..etc.etc.etc. Is it worth the stress?

Just MO.....

AKK

You should be fine. We have caught 1:00 flights and got to the airport way before the flight and even had time to sit down and have lunch at the airport.

I need to do the same thing. My daughter has her dance recital at 6pm the day we get off the ship. I need to be back to Massachusetts and at the place to get her ready for 5pm and no later.

I think that is pretty risky. I travel dozens of times a year for business & never would I fly on the same day that I HAD to be somewhere. I would never fly to MCO on the day of the cruise & I would never schedule a return flight home if I had to be there. Delays/cancellations happen to frequently for me to be comfortable with doing that. Most of the time you will be fine, but I would guess about 20% of the time I arrive home more than 2 hours later than scheduled and 5% of the time it isn't the same day.

yes, you can do that. Hire private transportation to the airport to pick you up at 8:00 am. Skip the cruise breakfast. Be in the lobby ready to depart at 7:30.
We have done this easily 6 times.

Jill

I will add to others that have said yes you can book it. Last month we made our 11:12 departure flight with plenty of time to spare. I would recommend taking all of your luggage with you (you never know when one will be misplaced in pick up area) and hiring private transportation. This was our time line and some suggestions for early departure flights:

6:45 - breakfast: make sure to tell you waitstaff the evening before that you will need to leave quickly and put in orders right away
7:45 - off the ship with luggage that we left in room while eating and waiting for limo pickup
8:00 - limo picked us up
8:45 - dropped off at airport check in
9:30 - at gate waiting after getting through check in, security and tram

I will say that there could definitely be delays that prevent you from making it, but I would have no worries booking a noon flight for my family.

We easily made a 12:15 flight after a Disney cruise. It adds a little stress the morning coming off the ship because there is not much wiggle room, but it is definately doable. I say, Go for it, if you don't mind a little stress. Good Luck in your decision and have a great cruise!

Remember - if you are second seating, you won't be able to eat in the dining room - but Topsiders/Cabanas/Beach Blanket will be open - we got up there about 7 last Saturday and had the place to ourselves!

we had a 12:20 flight, but had first breakfast seating.

We had hours to spare at the airport, also we had an issue with our flight number so we were not able to have Disney take care of our luggage. We had to check in at the airport, get our flight info and check all our luggage before going through security.
And we still sat around forever before our flight.

I also have a 12:00 (well, 11:50) flight home after our cruise and it is good to hear how many of you have made it. My plan is to skip breakfast and head for the airport with private transportation as early as is humanly possible!

We use DCL for our air travel and they consistently book us on an 11:30am flight. We use a major airport with plenty of options for flights and airlines. We have made the flight each time on our past 5 cruises.

In May we had second seating and we were off the ship and through customs by 9:00 and in Epcot just after 10:30 (and that was after checking in at the Beach Club).

Things can go wrong, but you should have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter