Is 9 nights of QS too much?

mom2daisy

Earning My Ears
I suppose the title says it all. I've booked 9 nights at Pop with P/S/D. Me, DH and DD (14). We've always had the regular dining plan (FD) on our other trips. And, we tend to eat a bunch of buffet meals because our tastes are so different (read: DH and DD are not adventurous eaters). But, on the other hand, I don't think they'd enjoy burgers or nuggets every night.

Any thoughts or experiences with just eating QS would be appreciated.

9 nights of QS meals is going to seem unpleasant by day 5. If you are not willing to pay the difference for an upgrade to the regular DDP, then you should book at least one nice sit-down meal and pay out of pocket for it. You will also want a departure from burgers, chicken nuggets, and french fries sometimes so I suggest dining at Sunshine Seasons, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Flame Tree Bar-B-Que. These places have "real food". Good luck! :goodvibes

I suppose the title says it all. I've booked 9 nights at Pop with P/S/D. Me, DH and DD (14). We've always had the regular dining plan (FD) on our other trips. And, we tend to eat a bunch of buffet meals because our tastes are so different (read: DH and DD are not adventurous eaters). But, on the other hand, I don't think they'd enjoy burgers or nuggets every night. Any thoughts or experiences with just eating QS would be appreciated.

As the pp did mention, there are quick service eateries that offer options other than burgers and nuggets. If you have a table service spot that's a favorite you can certainly pay for it oop of course, but I don't think it's at all necessary to do TS - it's not like you're really missing anything. In fact, if 50s Prime Time didn't have that heavenly fried chicken I wouldn't do any TS at all! Lol

We stayed at Pop for 13 days in August on quick service and 3 out of 4 of us never ate chicken nuggets, fries or burgers once. Only my son ate these items sometimes because he loves them.

There are so many excellent quick service choices out there. Just do a little research ahead of time and you will find lots of great options.

FWIW, we did 12 days of table service last year. We chose a lot of buffets and my kids chose nuggets, fries, and other junkie options every single time. :rotfl2:

We love the flexibility of QS meals! :)

We do the QS plan too for 9 nights. Look at the menus and there is really a variety of different things to eat. We are a family of 6 and we are fine with it. No burgers or nuggets for me.

We had 17 days of qsdp in August.
It was wonderful,would do it again in a heartbeat.:cool1:

Plenty of choice,so flexible,thoroughly enjoyed every meal-
and dh never ate the same meal twice.:lmao:

Was the first time we thoroughly researched in advance,and utilised every single credit.
Previously had credits remaining from qsdp and ddp.

Consider the following CS restaurants in the parks for non-burger or chicken nugget meals.

MK: Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Anything in the World Showcase (well, maybe not the American pavilion), Sunshine Seasons
DHS: Starring Rolls (also consider Pizza Planet for theming though you'll be getting pizza)
AK: Yak & Yeti, Flame Tree BBQ

Pop has plenty of non-burger options as well. Plus, you can walk over to AOA to get even more variety.

If some of these QS meals are in Downtown Disney, I don't think you'll have a problem. If it is exclusively in the parks, then you will need to search out some different places to go to vary the menu from burgers.

We had the QS plan for 8 days in September and were very pleased with our food. Some of the highlights were
Wolfgang Puck at DTD - bacon wrapped meatloaf and spaghetti & meatballs
Contempo Cafe at the CR - Pot roast dinner
Columbia Harbour House - fried shrimp dinner
American Pavilion at Epcot - strip steak dinner
ASMo - turkey dinner
These are just some of the places we ate. Check out the menus as there are a lot of options that don't include burgers and chix nuggets.

Nope, not too much!! Everyone likes to say it's just burgers but my family of six thinks it's so much more!! We have done salads and wraps and burgers and chicken....Our last trip was on a budge so we did one QS in the parks each day and snacked for everything else and it was great!!!

don't forget Earl of Sandwich,
also a lot of the food courts have great options like make your own pastas, make your own salads, tacos, etc.,

9 nights of QS meals is going to seem unpleasant by day 5. If you are not willing to pay the difference for an upgrade to the regular DDP, then you should book at least one nice sit-down meal and pay out of pocket for it. You will also want a departure from burgers, chicken nuggets, and french fries sometimes so I suggest dining at Sunshine Seasons, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Flame Tree Bar-B-Que. These places have "real food". Good luck! :goodvibes

I have a different take on it. We love the freedom of the QSDP and do long stays. We have been using it since they launched it in 2009 and it works great for us. The suggestion above to book a few TS and pay OOP is a good one and something that we have done on all trips except the last one. Ironically, that was one of the longer ones with an 18 night stay. If you do your research in advance and know where to go, you can avoid fast food type fare almost entirely. I don't eat burgers or nuggets and don't care for fries and have never had a problem finding something good to eat, ranging from salads, and salmon to veggie burgers with fruit on the side, wraps and salad sandwiches. It takes a bit of planning and research but if you don't want to be locked into any/too many ADR's you can have a great time and plenty variety with CS dining

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter