Is 7 Days of Park Tickets too much for 7 days w/ 2-5yr Old?

padgettl

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are headed to Disney on Saturday 10/8 and Im looking at the MMY tickets. This is our 1st time to WDW. We are staying 2 miles offsite in a house w/ pool, spa, etc. We will have our own car. I have Twin almost 5 yr olds.

We will be driving down Fri. drop the babyoff w/ my Mom in Jacksonville and then get up in the morning and head to MK.

I was thinking this plan:

Sat-MK, early exit
Su - AK
M - EP
T - MK later then MNSSHP
W - late arrival at HS
R - MK w/ my parents
F - EP

The difference ia 5day or 7 day on UT is only $28 total. Should I just go w/ the 7 and be more casual at the parks or is this crazy??? :woohoo:

Hi, we are headed to Disney on Saturday 10/8 and Im looking at the MMY tickets. This is our 1st time to WDW. We are staying 2 miles offsite in a house w/ pool, spa, etc. We will have our own car. I have Twin almost 5 yr olds.

We will be driving down Fri. drop the babyoff w/ my Mom in Jacksonville and then get up in the morning and head to MK.

Sat-MK, early exit
Su - AK
M - EP
T - MK later then MNSSHP
W - late arrival at HS
R - MK w/ my parents
F - EP

The difference ia 5day or 7 day on UT is only $28 total. Should I just go w/ the 7 and be more casual at the parks or is this crazy??? :woohoo:

Looks good to me. You'll be tired on Tuesday - I assume you mean you're headed to MK around 4pm on Tuesday, and that'll be good. Rest up, then head over for the party, leave when you're ready to leave.

Some will advocate a whole day off in the middle, or to head back to the house midday each day. I'm not in that camp - as you say, the tickets for two extra days are just a bit more, and I'd rather relax in the park than outside of it. There are plenty of benches and such - just take it easy. EP on the last day will be nice, as you can literally just stroll around and enjoy, no rush, but also without the feeling you're missing something.

And that's what vacation is all about, right?

Sat-MK, early exit
Su - AK
M - EP
T - MK later then MNSSHP
W - late arrival at HS
R - MK w/ my parents
F - EP

Don't forget, you can always add more days if you want. You can get in to the MNSSHP as early as 4pm. Personally, I don't like using a day off my tickets for MK in the morning. I would probably do a relaxing pool day or DtD then the party that day. I find I can get so much done at MK during the MNSSHP. Plus, it goes late so we like to be rested. I would caution against a late arrival at HS. You may not be able to ride Toy Story Mania if you arrive too late. I know when we got there are 10:30am they were all out of fast passes. Other than that, looks great! Have fun!

They will be totally fine. It's when you get home that everyone (but the baby!) will crash :rotfl2:

I always buy enought tickets for every day. I figure, if one or two days we only go for an hour or ride one ride, that is fine. The price difference between 5 and 7 days is minimal.

Like PP said, on party day if you plan to arrive at MK at 4:00 or later, you will not need a park ticket, your MNNSHP ticket will get you in at 4:00. However, if you plan to arrive earlier, you will need a park ticket.

I have twin 5 yo's (and an 8 yo) we are heading down in 2 weeks for 9 days in the park. No problem! This trip I did work one day of pool/relax time in before the MNSSHP. but our previous trips were all 8 or 9 days. We take 2 days per park and just slowly wander through. Never had a problem and everyone wants to go back every year.

I dont think there is such a thing as too much time in the park, as long as the kids get the rest they need. I wouldnt hit every EMH and stay from open to close, that would be too much.

We usually pick one night to stay in the park late enough for fireworks but on the other nights we have a later than normal dinner then head back to the resort and go to bed. The kids are usually up on average about an hour later than normal bedtime and they do just fine.

I would caution against a late arrival at HS. You may not be able to ride Toy Story Mania if you arrive too late.
The reason I said late arrival to DHS was due to staying up late for MNSSHP, maybe I will change that day to Epcot instead...

The reason I said late arrival to DHS was due to staying up late for MNSSHP, maybe I will change that day to Epcot instead...

Not a bad idea - and also know that Toy Story Mania is really cool, but (for me) not worth a huge investment of time. If you've ever been on a moving laser-shooting-scoring game, it is like that, but you shoot at video screens. I'd rather invest 90 minutes in Fantasmic than in TSM.

We always stay 7 nights and get 8 day tickets and use every single one of them! Both of our last trips were with DD (18 months and then 2 years old) and even with her in tow we went to the parks every day. But we took it easy. We were always there for rope drop since she woke up early anyways, then headed back for a big break in the afternoon and usually (but not always) went back to the same park in the pm. We only stayed late to see shows/parades 3 nights (one for each park).

For the price difference I would get enough tickets for every day you're there as it allows you to go at a slower pace when touring.

Your not crazy at all. We are doing 8 park days with our kids on our next trip (ages will be 3 turning 4, 2 and 1 year). We have two rest days planned and a rest morning (swimming before we head to the Word Showcase at Epcot). We are planning on taking breaks at the hotel and just taking the days very easy.

I thought of that after I posted. I agree with you switching the day to Epcot. IMHO, it is much easier to still see a ton at Epcot arriving late than it is DHS.

Sat-MK, early exit
Su - AK
M - EP
T - MK later then MNSSHP
W - late arrival at HS
R - MK w/ my parents
F - EP

Omg you have about the same schudle that I have. We lave the 8th as well and I live right outside charlotte in Fort mIll. I say go with the full 7 days and just take your time in the parks that is what we are doing! I bcant belive you are not far from and going the same time as me!! wow!:lmao:

Omg you have about the same schudle that I have. We lave the 8th as well and I live right outside charlotte in Fort mIll. I say go with the full 7 days and just take your time in the parks that is what we are doing! I bcant belive you are not far from and going the same time as me!! wow!:lmao:

Too Funny! We are technically in Fort Mill as well, but more Indian Land area, just south of Ballantyne. Have Fun on your trip!!

Too Funny! We are technically in Fort Mill as well, but more Indian Land area, just south of Ballantyne. Have Fun on your trip!!

How funny so your in old fort mill. My husband works on 160 in old fort mill! That is too funny! im a first time for wdw too!!

I have a question for all you Disney Experts out there. Say I'm on the 6th day of a 7 day MMY ticket w/ 2 adults/2 kids and I go to MK during the day w/ the kids, but my wife and I want to go back that evening to Epcot. Can I upgrade only the 2 adult tickets to Park hoppers and go for just that one night? How much will that cost? I assume they upgrade the 7th day either way, right?

I have a question for all you Disney Experts out there. Say I'm on the 6th day of a 7 day MMY ticket w/ 2 adults/2 kids and I go to MK during the day w/ the kids, but my wife and I want to go back that evening to Epcot. Can I upgrade only the 2 adult tickets to Park hoppers and go for just that one night? How much will that cost? I assume they upgrade the 7th day either way, right?

Yes, you can upgrade your ticket. THe cost is around $50 per ticket. It does not go by the number of days. You can hop on day 7 (and as many days as you have left) on that ticket.

ETA: Actually, it depends on if you booked a package or not. If you booked a package (room/dining) everyone in the room needs to have the same tickets so your chidlren would need to upgrade their tickets as well. However, if you did a rom only and purchase tickets separately or are staying outside of the park with just the tickets then you can upgrade the tickets separately. Hope that helps.

The Disney Marketeers know what they're doing regarding tickets. They have made it attractive to make at least short visits into the parks on days when an individual would otherwise stay out completely and maybe spend money elsewhere.

Years ago, we would not go into the parks for a partial day because we were throwing too much money away for that day's ticket even if it was a multi-day ticket. Now, the price difference for additional days beyond 4 days is so little; of course, the price for those first 4 days is higher than it used to be...

We always buy the minimum number of days that we think we will use. So, for our last 7 night trip, we bought 6 day tickets. We ended up going to the parks the first night so we added a day while we were there.

The trip before, we didn't get park hoppers but added the option on the second day to eat at Epcot. (And used it a few times afterward.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter