Is 5 days enough to not be rushed?

cwbronco

Earning My Ears
My wife and I booked a very impromptu trip for the first full week in October (3-8). Normally I'm the type to plan everything out and get as much in to a trip as possible but I kind of want to go the opposite route this trip and take things as they come. Aside from the boarding groups and dining reservations of course. Is five days enough time in the park to take our time and really take things in while also not having to worry about missing out? It's not a physical issue so if we need to bump up our pace it's no big deal. It has been about 10 years since we last visited.

Plenty of time, my family just had one day in Disneyland and from rope drop to park closing, we did 21 attractions.

So if you spread that out and include DCA, 5 days is plenty of time, especially if you also get park hoppers.

My first trip to DLR was with our (then) 7-year-old and 3-year-old, and it was a five day trip (or 4 1/2 days since we didn't arrive until lunchtime) and that was plenty of time to see everything and to ride most of our favorite attractions more than once. You should have no problem, especially without a 3-year-old in tow (and all the nap times, early bedtimes, etc that that entails).

TBH, without small children, if I had 5 days, I would probably spend 4 days in the parks and do something else one other day. (maybe take in a movie at the El Capitan if you're looking for something Disney-related and want an excuse to go into LA. You could also check out the Disney barn in Griffith Park). That would still be enough time to see everything once and many things multiple times without needing to rush.

We always do 5 and it's nice because, as you said, you can take your time and not feel rushed. We always have plenty of time to do all we want and ride our favorite rides multiple times over 5 days. Plus, 5 days gets you plenty of meals to try out different restaurants.

Yes, 5 days is plenty. It will allow you to RE ride favourites, enjoy some leisurely dining options and have breaks during the day if you wish. We had 5 days at Christmas 2019 and it was great. In any case, 5 days is the max unless you get a Magic Key (annual pass) or are an Australian/NZ resident with access to the 10 day tickets, although whether that are still available I have no idea, they don’t seem to be atm.

We prefer 5 because it allows you to not kill yourself. You can head back to the room in the afternoon to nap, or avoid rope dropping or closing the park every day.

We always do 5 days and have found it's perfect for us. We usually do half a day of that in DTD and take afternoon breaks back at the hotel every day. We've occasionally done 6 days, but that's when we've stayed at the DLH and had a half a day for a cabana rental and evening without kids. Five days is the maximum number of days you can buy a ticket for anyway unless you're an annual passholder (Magic Key) or from out of the country.

We always go for five days and nights. Stay at one of the Disney hotels. Take life at a nice leisure pace while we are there. We go to relax and forget the world for several days. Always go back to the hotel about 1:30 or so for some pool/hot-tub time. When we go into one of the parks, we usually do it one section at a time. Riding almost every ride and going thru every shop at an easy pace. It works for us :hyper2:

I say three is the sweet spot for us, but we typically stay for five :) Plenty of time. I usually plan the heck out of our trips, a few weeks ago we decided the morning of our trip to go. First time I surprised myself. We were there for two full days and it was enough to have a relaxing trip.

We always do 5 days and have found it's perfect for us. We usually do half a day of that in DTD and take afternoon breaks back at the hotel every day. We've occasionally done 6 days, but that's when we've stayed at the DLH and had a half a day for a cabana rental and evening without kids. Five days is the maximum number of days you can buy a ticket for anyway unless you're an annual passholder (Magic Key) or from out of the country.
We just bought two 4 day passes for our upcoming trip! Or was it a 5 and a 3 because it was cheaper? 😃 Just had to mix and match...got spoiled at WDW with the 10 day option.

Thats what my family does, buy 5 day hoppers and just cruise and take our time at the park. Its more than enough time, no need to rush or to walk pretend run to the rides. You’ll get to ride eat ride at least twice!

ill be there oct 5-12 my points and rented points 1 bedroom at grand cali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter