• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is $300 for direct flight to LAX reasonable

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
Is $300 reasonable for direct flights from Boston to LAX for Presidents week, I've never purchase flights to LA before.
Thanks,
Shelby

I don't know if this will help, as 1) I don't use the same airport and 2) I didn't try for President's week, but a couple of months ago I was pricing flights for next week on JetBlue direct from NY to Long Beach for $138. I also looked at Song, direct into LAX, and it was a little more. Still, that price seems awfully high to me. I would shop around a little and see what else you can find, or wait a little while and hope the fares go down :confused3

edited to add: Sorry, just realized you are probably talking about round trip, my rates were one way, so not too much of a difference in total price. If that rate is roundtrip, it doesn't seem bad for a holiday period, and with fuel rates what they are now, I would probabaly grab it. Sorry ;)

For Presidents' week at this late a date, $300 to $350 r-t sounds like a bargain. Song to LAX or JetBlue to Long Beach are both good non-stop options to Los Angeles.

Note that for non-stops to Orlando for the same time period, they are looking more like $350 each way now. I'd say jump on that fare.

$300 for a coast-to-coast round trip is good. Not spectacular, but really good. Jump on it. With fuel costs these days, I'm not looking for airfares to go DOWN any time soon.

-- Eric :earsboy:

Agreed. Take it. You *might* do better, but you could also do a whole lot worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter