Is $300 for direct flight to LAX reasonable

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by shelby2001, Sep 22, 2005.

1. shelby2001

shelby2001 <font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"

Is $300 reasonable for direct flights from Boston to LAX for Presidents week, I've never purchase flights to LA before.
    Thanks,
    Shelby

2. MrsMud

MrsMud <font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t

I don't know if this will help, as 1) I don't use the same airport and 2) I didn't try for President's week, but a couple of months ago I was pricing flights for next week on JetBlue direct from NY to Long Beach for $138. I also looked at Song, direct into LAX, and it was a little more. Still, that price seems awfully high to me. I would shop around a little and see what else you can find, or wait a little while and hope the fares go down :confused3

edited to add: Sorry, just realized you are probably talking about round trip, my rates were one way, so not too much of a difference in total price. If that rate is roundtrip, it doesn't seem bad for a holiday period, and with fuel rates what they are now, I would probabaly grab it. Sorry ;)

3. pumpkinboy

pumpkinboy <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

For Presidents' week at this late a date, $300 to $350 r-t sounds like a bargain. Song to LAX or JetBlue to Long Beach are both good non-stop options to Los Angeles.

Note that for non-stops to Orlando for the same time period, they are looking more like $350 each way now. I'd say jump on that fare.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

5. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

$300 for a coast-to-coast round trip is good. Not spectacular, but really good. Jump on it. With fuel costs these days, I'm not looking for airfares to go DOWN any time soon.

-- Eric :earsboy:

6. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

Agreed. Take it. You *might* do better, but you could also do a whole lot worse.

7. debster812

debster812 <font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0

I agree as well. I would book it.