Is $209 a good rate for a minivan?

pas

Earning My Ears
Since I have gotten so much good advice on this board and I am a novice at planning a trip myself, I am tossing this one to the experts!
Got the rate $209 for minivan with Dollar using FVG code, is this a good rate or should I keep trying? Hubby doesn't want to try Priceline.

I think it's a great rate! I may give that one a try! What are your travel dates?

Well - I just tried that code for MY travel dates (pick-up Thanksgiving weekend), and the weekly rate is $359.99!

$209 is a very good rate on a van. The best rate used to be about $199, but you know how prices go up. :rolleyes:
I would hang onto that rate and always watch for something better.
Be sure to budget about 27% above the $209 for taxes and various charges.
Hope that this helps! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget BoardCo-Host
Co-Host of The Rewards Board
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
poohsnow.gif

We are going 10/5 - 10/14. Thanks for the advice!
I didn't have luck with KISS earlier this week then found FVG on the boards and gave it a try.

$209 is a good rate but I went to priceline.com and am renting a minivan for $20 a day($160 for the week) from Alamo. I was very surprised when my bid was accepted.

k

Last year I got a van for $28 /day thru priceline, just for comparison!

Hi, Beth, just to let you know, I got that $199 rate through dollar in December. By the time they added all the surcharges and Taxes, without the insurance, it cost me $348. It would have been an additional $30 for the fuel charge but I filled the van prior to return. Dollar claims they have the least expensive $/gallon at $1.49, but the van actually seemed to be very good at miles/gallon. I found the cheapest gas about 5-8 minutes from Crossroads, heading west I think. Anyhow, I figured I saved about $10 filling the tank myself. If you do fill the tank prior to returning the rental, make sure you check your credit statement so that the deduction is noted. Also, there is a standard disclaimer that if you return the vehicle late, they can charge you an additional $40. So read the agreement CAREFULLY

I used the promotion code FVG and got a $359 price also. How did you book this?? That is a really good price. We are going the first week in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter