• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is 2 days enough at AK?

Should we go to AK for 2 or 3 days?

• Go for 2 days, you'll be able to experience everything in only 2 days!

• Go for 3 days, there's no way you'll be able to see everything in just 2 days!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyBunny15

Mouseketeer
My DBF loves animals and its his first time going to WDW :cool1:

I'm trying to plan out our days and I had us down to go to AK for 3 days.. but it really cuts out time from the other parks..(well be there for 8 days total & have the park hopper so we plan on doing different parks in the morning & at night)

2 days is more than enough at AK. We only need 1/2 a day to cover it. 1 full day should be fine for most people. I can't imagine that anyone would ever need more than 1 1/2 days.

We do it in one day. I can't imagine spending two days there. I bet that you will probably be able to get through it in 1 day or 1 1/2 if you want to repeat things.

1/2 day is more than enough--park hop somewhere else in the afternoon

I agree with everyone else...one day is plenty! It is one of our favorite parks but we never do two days there.

We usually don't spend more than a day at AK. I would think 2 days would be more than enough time for you to see and do everything.

Truly enjoy the AK park. Do it Lou Mongello style. Pay attention to details. Watch the shows, Lion King and Nemo. Be sure to see the bird show. Explore the two trails. Go on train to where you can see the vet care for the animals.

If your DBF really loves animals, you will want to take your time.

This will be one VERY full day. Perhaps half day more if there are things you didn't get to do. But not likely to be two full days.

Enjoy! Eight days is a good time to spend in the parks and not be terribly rushed.

We did it in a day last January 9am-5pm.

We're going back in June and I'm planning 2 days for it but I don't know if we'll need both full days.

2 Days! Take your time-see it all!
We can spend an hour just watching the tigers.

Funny thing occurred to me about my reply stating that one day is enough. On our summer trip coming up, we've got 6 days scheduled at MK, 6 days at Epcot, 6 days at AK and 3 days at DHS! :rotfl: So I guess I'll have to retract my answer. :rolleyes1

I love Animal Kingdom. It is my next favorite park after Magic Kingdom. My daughter and I spent two days there on our last trip. We arrived at the park at rope drop, and usually left around 3. So they were not "full" days, but we loved every minute of it. :)

If you have never been to AK, and want to experience everything, then two days is about right. AK is our favorite park, but we are not thrill ride people. Instead we spend a lot of time looking at animals, walking around and talking with the CMs, and enjoying shows and performers. We go at least twice during our WDW stays and try to ride the Safari at different times of the day to see different animals. As much as we love it, three days would be overkill even for us.

If you have parkhoppers, you could spend the day at AK and then hop to another park for dinner and fireworks.

We can do it all in one day and do everything but flights of wonder and primevil whirl. So two days will be more than enough.

I didn't vote because I cannot imagine what I would do for two whole days in AK. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful park, but it consists mostly of walking. You could wear out a pair of shoes in two days. I usually spend only a half a day and see everything worth seeing. Anything over half days have me sitting on a bench and thinking about what I should do. Should I get up and walk toward the exit or just call the medics and have them cart me out now, before I actually drop.:rotfl:

A word of caution about AK. All the foliage has been allowed to grow wild in the park. It is nice to look at but it really does stop air flow. AK is the hottest of the four on any given day. The pathways are narrow and the air is very warm. Not a good combination for me.:headache:

Honestly, 1 day can give you plenty of AK. Esp if you plan to be there from open to close.

It's not a huge park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter