Is 2 days at Sea World enough?

Disney_Princess83

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Looking for some advice. We have been at Sea World Orlando before, although we just spent one day and haven't done any of the animal encounters. We are booking Discovery Cove and thought we would take advantage of the extra time we can spend at Sea World as a perk.

We are wanting to pack quite alot into 2 days so we are now starting to wonder if we need a 3rd day. We would be taking a day from our WDW plans but it would be worth it for what we are hoping to achieve.

In the two days (we would get there for opening and stay until close) would be:

Rides

Sky Tower - only if there isn't a really long line. We can skip this if necessary as we aren't big ride people.

Shows

One Ocean
Blue Horizons
Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island

Encounters

Beluga Interaction Program
Wild Arctic Up Close Experience
Penguin Encounter (not currently on their site but have been told it will be back when the penguin exhibit opens)
Dine with Shamu

Exhibits

Wild Arctic
Stingray Lagoon
Dolphin Cove
Dolphin Nursery
Manta Aquarium
Shamu Underwater Viewing
Jewel of the Sea Aquarium
Turtle Trek
Pacific Point Reserve
Antarctica (opens 2013)

During our last visit we managed to see most of the exhibits in the one day (we were there open until close) but it was very quite so we didn't really need to wait to see anything. Again, we didn't do any rides that day either. We will be there next October/Early November if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

If you plan on staying most of the day for both days I would say yes. I went one day and saw a lot and rode rides. Depends on if you spend a lot of time looking at the animals or if you keep moving. In my opinion 2 days is plenty but I mostly wanted to see the shows and rides and walked through the animal exhibits.

I agree with Disneygirl03, I think if you plan accordingly then you should have no problemm seeing and doing most everything on your list in two full days.

That said, if it were me, I would also try to see the Pets Ahoy show if time allows. Its a great show and well worth adding to your itinerary :thumbsup2 .

Thanks everyone! I was fairly sure 2 days would be enough. It will depend how much time we are doing the encounters. We can always add another day there if we find out that the 2 days haven't been enough. We get 14 days entry around our Discovery Cove booking so we will still have time to do an extra half day or day if necessary.

I agree with Disneygirl03, I think if you plan accordingly then you should have no problemm seeing and doing most everything on your list in two full days.

That said, if it were me, I would also try to see the Pets Ahoy show if time allows. Its a great show and well worth adding to your itinerary :thumbsup2 .

Thanks! We saw the Pets Ahoy show last time and loved it! If we have time, we will throw it in but our main priority is the dolphins and whales this visit, along with the encounters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter