Is 1900 Park Fare worth it???

Rach3047

Earning My Ears
OK so, our family is taking our first and probably last (gasp!) trip for awhile. I know "we can't do it all", but would like to fit in as much as possible while still having some down time. Being that my adrs and fastpasses are set....I've been switching stuff around and adding things to keep myself busy ;) We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and have park hoppers so travel isn't an issue.
My family loves Cinderella and I've heard the character interaction is awesome at 1900 Park Fare. My current dilemma is whether or not to add it...Below is our current itinerary with ADRs listed.

Sun 8/10 - HS, Dinner @ Mamma Melrose
Mon 8/11 - EP, Dinner @ San Angel Inn
Tues 8/12 - MK, late bfast @ Chef Mickeys/ ***This is where I'd add dinner at 1900
Wed 8/13 - BBB in am/bfast @ CRT/HDDR @ night
Thurs 8/14 - lunch @ Sanna
Fri 8/15 - bfast @ Whispering Canyon/Dinner @ BOG
Sat 8/16 - dinner @ O'hana
Sun, Mon, Tue- Univeral

Should I add it or keep what I have? Again, I don't want to be rushing from meal to meal and want to just enjoy our trip!
Thanks in advance!

If you plan on doing MK another day or part of day I would add in 1900 Park Fare. If you want a laid back day, then add it in. You will spend a lot of your time eating, IMO, with Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare booked on the same day you can block off a good chunk of time enjoying the buffets and characters.

We loved 1900 for dinner! We met Cinderella, Prince, Fairy Godmother and both step-sisters--not to be missed! Food was great!

1900 was and still is one of the best character interaction spots. It's favorite of my family. The food is very good too. Go for it. You will be happy you did!

We LOVE 1900 Park Faire! My only note is that for us, 2 buffets in one day can be rough!

I agree with what the poster above me said about eating two buffets in a day. HOWEVER, we LOVE 1900! It has food for everyone and awesome character interactions.

Honesty, no. Growing up 1900 was ALWAYS a "must-do" but over the last few years it has changed IMO. Yes, the characters are great! But, I don't base our dinner decisions on the characters. I HAVE to enjoy the food. 1900 is now on my "must-don't do" list!

Honesty, no. Growing up 1900 was ALWAYS a "must-do" but over the last few years it has changed IMO. Yes, the characters are great! But, I don't base our dinner decisions on the characters. I HAVE to enjoy the food. 1900 is now on my "must-don't do" list!

The first few years this was around, it was a must-do. Both the food and characters were full of personality. Then one year the food was just not good anymore. Its a shame, because the items are not the same as most other buffets on property. If much better reviews of the food started popping up, we might return.

We used to really enjoy 1900 for breakfast or dinner, but the last few times we have ate there we really didn't enjoy the food all that much. Our food expectations are not high for any Disney Buffet, but we found the food not as good as it used to be. The Characture interactions have always been great on all of our trips. Worth is different for everyone.

frannn said:
The first few years this was around, it was a must-do. Both the food and characters were full of personality. Then one year the food was just not good anymore. Its a shame, because the items are not the same as most other buffets on property. If much better reviews of the food started popping up, we might return.

Exactly!! I remember going for breakfast as a child and we loved it. The only thing that I enjoyed the last time we went was the strawberry soup. Not worth it!! And for dinner the chicken marsala was just OK. Everything else was bleh.

Thank you for all of the advice/comments! Definitely feeling conflicted...while we are going more for the characters we do enjoy a good meal too. I'm thinking of adding it to our animal kingdom day so we aren't running from ADR to ADR. We shall see...I know my husband wants me to stop switching/adding things ;)

I will be reunited with my home in October/November and this will be my first time trying 1900 Park Fare. I am SUPER excited because I have heard all good things. I have done Chef Mickey's more than a couple times and while I love it, the food is nothing to rave about. They have a great atmosphere and awesome character greetings, but there is nothing special in terms of food. I love the idea that you're not meeting your normal characters you could catch in any parl. I am SO excited to meet Prince Charming!

We went once about 2.5 years ago and I thought the food was terrible but character interaction was GREAT. We've done almost all character meals on property and this was by far the most entertaining. Food wise, it was very hard for me to make a meal and I ended up filling up on salad and rolls and I think some stir fry dish, that was it. I'm hoping it was just an off night because every year I let each person pick 1 ADR for the trip (I pick the rest) and for our upcoming trip, 1900 is my dd8's pick. She still remembers all the fun she had and how much attention ds5 got back then so in that respect it's "worth it" for me because the trip is about making memories.

It's a buffet so there will be enough to choose from food wise. With that said, I don't find the food at Chef Mickey's is that great either (breakfast is decent) so I wouldn't have a problem scheduling those both for the same day if that's what works best for your schedule.

Happy dining!

1900 PF was 1 of our favorite buffet character meals - with Cape May Café & Tusker House Bkfsts being the others.
Can't say the same for CM, tho. That was THE most chaotic meal we've ever had at WDW - and the food was just not good...

our fave character interaction by FAR for our 2012 trip. The step sisters and Mrs Tremain CRACKED US UP.

She asked me if my DH was my prince. I told her yes. She said, while looking down her nose with her arms crossed "I've told MY daughters not to settle for the first frog who comes along" :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My youngest DD was dressed as Tink, but she put her wings on her chair to eat. The step sisters both picked up her wings and "flew" around the room yelling and laughing to each other. It was a riot. We were right by the door where they come out, and when Cinderella came out, the Prince stopped what he was doing and went right to her, and they danced across the room, then he brought her back and kissed her hand at our table. it was awesome.

The food - blech. We all finally found something to eat, but it was our worst meal of the trip.

Ok so I decided to scrap San Angel Inn on my Epcot day and added Akershus in it's place. I figured we could eat Mexican food while we are at home and should take advantage of as many character meals as possible! (My loving husbad/son may disagree, but they will get over it ;)) This way we won't have two character meals in one day....which is a lot of food for a family who normally doesn't eat much.

NOW my mind is thinking should we monorail over to Grand Floridian for 1900 and then come back to Epcot for Illuminations after dinner?? We have park hoppers and will most likely take a mid day break so going back and forth is no problem...
Oooh the decisions are endless!
Akershus vs. 1900 Park Fare...thoughts?!

Ok so I decided to scrap San Angel Inn on my Epcot day and added Akershus in it's place. I figured we could eat Mexican food while we are at home and should take advantage of as many character meals as possible! (My loving husbad/son may disagree, but they will get over it ;)) This way we won't have two character meals in one day....which is a lot of food for a family who normally doesn't eat much.

NOW my mind is thinking should we monorail over to Grand Floridian for 1900 and then come back to Epcot for Illuminations after dinner?? We have park hoppers and will most likely take a mid day break so going back and forth is no problem...
Oooh the decisions are endless!
Akershus vs. 1900 Park Fare...thoughts?!

We've done both Akershus and 1900 Park Fare. My vote is for 1900, but it kind of depends what you want to get out of it character wise. If you are more interested in a variety of princesses then stay with Akershus. I will say, we went for lunch and were not too keen on the food. The princesses we saw were Belle (at the door for photo op), Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora. I've heard Jasmine sometimes makes the rotation.

If you are a huge Cinderella fan then dinner at 1900 Park Fare is a must do. You will not be disappointed by the character interaction and the food is great--at least we thought so.

Both my daughters enjoyed the heck out of the character interactions. My two year old still talks about meeting Cinderella's "mother". The food was fine. Nothing to write home about, but it was good and filling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter