Is 1900 Park Fare Dinner better than Chef Mickeys?

We just ate at 1900 park fare 2 weeks ago and it was amazing! we were very impressed with this buffet.

I don't remember anything about the food at dinner at Chef Mickey's but i do remember the place was insanely loud and chaotic -too many over-tired over-stimulated kids making the experience unenjoyable and it was so busy the wait staff couldn't keep up with the clearing and cleaning so it looked pretty dirty. This place is large and cavernous which i think adds to the decibel level.

I do like the Chef Mickey breakfast well enough and have always found it a great way to start a MK day. We get an earlier seating to avoid the long waits that seem to build up the later the morning ressies get.

I ate dinner at PF last summer with DD 11 and thought the food was very good. Of course, that's keeping in mind you are at a buffet but some dishes would have held there own as entrees on a menu -they were very tasty! Also, I suggest trying the cold strawberry soup. It was in drink dispenser in the middle of the hot food buffets so i almost missed it but had read it's a must try so I kept searching for it.

However, I have read that the dinner menu at PF has changed since we visited and regulars were upset with the changes.

I have also read that sometimes Lady Tremaine and the step sisters are not at dinner and instead you get the mice and Fairy godmother which would be a bummer because those three gals are hysterical.

There's no way to know who will show up that night but if i were you I would definitely make ressies for dinner -it was terrific and i think your daughter would love the character interaction no matter who shows up.

This summer we're very excited to try PF for breakfast.

Last edited:
We've done both and although we didn't hate Chef Mickey's like many people do, we did like 1900 better. The restaurant is definitely less chaotic.

RS calls "Hollywood & Vile"
. . . I don't ever remember calling it "Hollywood and Vile".
. . . As a matter of fact, I think H&V is right in the middle of being Average, except for its usual sub-par service.
. . . If I did misspell the name, it was certainly a typo on my behalf - and I apologize.
. . . Please let me know the reference, so I can get it corrected.
But those are Quick Service ..... looking for your three worst Table Service.
. . . I am not certain there is a worse TS.
. . . I was referring to eateries, not just TS-eateries.

. . . I don't ever remember calling it "Hollywood and Vile".
. . . As a matter of fact, I think H&V is right in the middle of being Average, except for its usual sub-par service.
. . . If I did misspell the name, it was certainly a typo on my behalf - and I apologize.
. . . Please let me know the reference, so I can get it corrected.

. . . I am not certain there is a worse TS.
. . . I was referring to eateries, not just TS-eateries.
Then Hollywood & Vile may have been someone else. My apology.

Funny, bc we loved CM breakfast, can't attest to dinner though. H& v lunch was ok, not terrible, but it's certainly more about the experience. We really didn't like Boma (I know, I know) but we just didn't. I don't see the appeal, which saddens me bc I was most excited for that one! And Tony's was fine to us. Not spectacular but it was fine. We'll go back sometime. We are trying 1900 in May for our arrival night dinner & im looking forward to it!

I will say that ANY buffet, you will have the best overall FOOD experience at open. First ADR of the dining session.

I will say that ANY buffet, you will have the best overall FOOD experience at open. First ADR of the dining session.

For some of the buffets it just means you will be first in line to experience a full food station with some pretty bad food to consume. (Really just kidding) :rotfl::rotfl2::laughing:

For some of the buffets it just means you will be first in line to experience a full food station with some pretty bad food to consume. (Really just kidding) :rotfl::rotfl2::laughing:
This is actually true.

But it's at least FRESH bad food. Bad food rarely improves with time.

How is Chef Mickey's brunch? Is the restaurant any less chaotic than at breakfast/dinner?

How is Chef Mickey's brunch? Is the restaurant any less chaotic than at breakfast/dinner?

The place is always chaotic... That is not really a problem and can be expected with it being a character experience and young kids; it's just the food is awful (feeling shared by many). However, the breakfast while not great (I'd say average) is certainly better than lunch. So I guess the brunch would be average breakfast food and awful lunch food combined. :goodvibes

The place is always chaotic... That is not really a problem and can be expected with it being a character experience and young kids; it's just the food is awful (feeling shared by many). However, the breakfast while not great (I'd say average) is certainly better than lunch. So I guess the brunch would be average breakfast food and awful lunch food combined. :goodvibes
Ha, point taken. My family has the "dilemma" of loving breakfast food but not loving to get up early, so I thought brunch would be a good compromise. But it sounds like we'd do better trying to get the latest breakfast seating at 1900 PF or O'hana instead and treating that as our lunch. (Mmm, O'hana.)

Chef Mickeys is my least favourite Buffet. 1900 Park Fare is my second least favourite buffet. My favourite Character buffet is crystal palace. It still isn't great but it is a bit better. My favourite non character buffet is Boma. If you are paying OOP my favourite non-character buffet is Trails End

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter