Is 12 nights in one resort too long?

I am terribly indecisive when it comes to my reservations,I have probably changed my rental 20 times since my 7 month booking window opened, now my mailbox is being inundated with the Incredible envelopes. I usually do split stays between 4 or 5 resorts each trip, but I thought it would be nice to only stay in one resort this time, so I have a 12 night stay in a value studio booked. I am concerned this is too long in one place, does anybody have any input on this?
TIA
Split stays every time between 4 and 5 resorts EACH TRIP????:eek: WOW. We did a three way split once and I said NEVER AGAIN. I can do 2 but sometimes it is just nice to stay put.

Especially at AKV, I would enjoy a long stay! I would go to the CMs talks at Jambo once, but then Kidani, because those are the more experienced presenters.

When are you going? May? July? Oct? The time of year, crowds, park hours, and weather would factor into it.
I like split stays. Feels like 2 vacations. 12 days in a studio (the same place, vs. moving from one studio to another) would get long. You didn't tell us how many in your group. I hope it is just 2.
If you really DO usually move 4 to 5 times, I think you will be unhappy staying at one resort for 12 days.
I love AKV. It is my favorite. I have been going to WDW for over 20 years, so don't feel the need to rush to the parks, or be out of the room all day. With your usual pattern of moving so frequently, it sounds like you like to enjoy the resorts and other, non-park things WDW has to offer too.
Will you have a car? I like the peace of AKV, and feeling "away from the chaos" but others find it remote and don't like having to take a bus all the time.

For our upcoming August trip we are staying in a BCV studio for 12 nights. We have done several split stays in the past and enjoyed the change of location. This will be our first time staying this long at one resort. While I am looking forward to unpacking and staying put, I hope I don't feel bored.

I couldn't even imagine doing a split stay between 4 or 5 resorts. I did a split stay between the VGF and BLT last year and hated packing up and heading to the other resort. I'm in agreement with Chelley00, I just want to unpack, settle in and have a home base for my stay. If it were 2 weeks or longer then I'm open to a split stay. Last year was my first and last split stay with a stay under 2 weeks.

I would love being at Disney for 12 nights. And I would enjoy unpacking and moving in. It would really feel like home.

We like to stay in the same room even for longer trips. We have 8 nights booked at BLT this fall and to save points and because my kids have been asking to stay there we're doing another 4 nights in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. I'm dreading packing up everything just to unpack it again. I like to be lazy on vacation plus I feel like it eats up the entire day switching rooms.

Just me but I could never stay that long in a studio. But a two bedroom no problem. And a one bedroom isn't bad even though there is only one bathroom. We are staying 11 nights in a one bedroom at Aulani. And we have 10 days at a two bedroom in March at OKW.

We typically like to stay put as I don't like to pack. The longest we've done is 9 nights in a 1-bedroom at SSR but it could've just as easily been a studio for the 3 of us. Last summer we did a 5 / 5 studio split between BCV and AKV Savanna view at Jambo House because we couldn't decide which resort to book. We did a water park on our move day so we wouldn't feel too displaced then we just moved to the new resort at the end of our water park day. I packed 1 large duffle that we shared for each resort plus a couple of smaller carry-on bags (1 for bathing suits & coverups) to try to cut down on the repacking - but it took a lot of extra time on the initial packing end to plan it out. We spent 3 or 4 nights in a value studio once. It was cramped because we were going on a 7 n cruise after that so we had extra luggage (plus that was before I learned how not to overpack). This summer we're doing 8 nights in a Poly studio and I know it will be fine for us and could handle more if we had the time to stay. For 12 nights with part of it being in a value studio I would probably do a 6 / 6 split. I wouldn't want to move a million times tho - just too much time wasted packing up. I can't imagine moving 4 or 5 times during a trip.:scared: That would be a complete nightmare for me. I didn't see how many people you will have with you but after almost a week in a value studio I'd personally want something larger. I would do the smaller value studio first then "upgrade" somewhere else for the 2nd half of the trip.

We typically like to stay put as I don't like to pack. The longest we've done is 9 nights in a 1-bedroom at SSR but it could've just as easily been a studio for the 3 of us. Last summer we did a 5 / 5 studio split between BCV and AKV Savanna view at Jambo House because we couldn't decide which resort to book. We did a water park on our move day so we wouldn't feel too displaced then we just moved to the new resort at the end of our water park day. I packed 1 large duffle that we shared for each resort plus a couple of smaller carry-on bags (1 for bathing suits & coverups) to try to cut down on the repacking - but it took a lot of extra time on the initial packing end to plan it out. We spent 3 or 4 nights in a value studio once. It was cramped because we were going on a 7 n cruise after that so we had extra luggage (plus that was before I learned how not to overpack). This summer we're doing 8 nights in a Poly studio and I know it will be fine for us and could handle more if we had the time to stay. For 12 nights with part of it being in a value studio I would probably do a 6 / 6 split. I wouldn't want to move a million times tho - just too much time wasted packing up. I can't imagine moving 4 or 5 times during a trip.:scared: That would be a complete nightmare for me. I didn't see how many people you will have with you but after almost a week in a value studio I'd personally want something larger. I would do the smaller value studio first then "upgrade" somewhere else for the 2nd half of the trip.
This is a good idea, I think I will do this.

We've stayed in Pop and AOA (Little Mermaid Room) for 14 nights, respectively. For us its nice to settle down in one place and not have to pack and unpack during our holiday at WDW.

Last edited:
We like to stay in the same room even for longer trips. We have 8 nights booked at BLT this fall and to save points and because my kids have been asking to stay there we're doing another 4 nights in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. I'm dreading packing up everything just to unpack it again. I like to be lazy on vacation plus I feel like it eats up the entire day switching rooms.
I hope you are doing AOA first.

I personally don't think it's too long to stay at one place. I know that many others like to split their visits between different resorts but I prefer to just pick one and settle in.

We have, since our first trip and excluding out last "short" 8 day trip been staying 14 or 15 days at moderates and one trip at AKV Studio (which convinced us to buy) - for us we LOVE the settle down thing, it just makes us much more relaxed, we love knowing we have good length of time there, we settle into the resort it feels much more like home in that sense to us. We bought with this in mind, enough points for 12 or 13 nights each year :)

In a hotel room with my whole family? WAY too long. In a 2-4 bedroom condo, it is fine, we have done it many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter