Irs refund question

zoie101

1038 miles to the north
Irs website says expect refund by March 1, thats a tuesday, I thought they only dump direct deosits on Friday? Has anyone else experienced this? :surfweb:

The IRS does generally deposit on Friday. Sometimes your bank doesn't make it available for a couple of days. That's why it's listed as a Tuesday on the IRS website.

Yeah, they do deposit on friday but give the banks a few extra days to get the money in your account.

Mine says my deposit is due on 2/22 and that is a Tuesday as well. Maybe they have made some changes this year. When I worked in banking (over 10 years ago) checks were received and deposits were made on both Friday and Monday. Banks should make IRS deposits available right away so there should be no delay. Also it is all done electronically now so there should not be a delay between the IRS and your bank account.

Mine says my deposit is due on 2/22 and that is a Tuesday as well. Maybe they have made some changes this year. When I worked in banking (over 10 years ago) checks were received and deposits were made on both Friday and Monday. Banks should make IRS deposits available right away so there should be no delay. Also it is all done electronically now so there should not be a delay between the IRS and your bank account.

Our said 2/22 but was in our bank 2/18 (Friday) :banana:

Ours was supposed to be direct deposited on Feb. 11th but, it was actually deposited on the morning of Feb. 8th.:banana: The exact same thing happened last year, it was scheduled for a Friday in early Feb. but was actually in the bank a few days earlier.

mine says march 1 also...we had to wait to file bc we itemize so i dont know if that matters or what:confused3

Because of the backlog, we missed the 11 am acceptance deadline for deposit on the 25th. Turbo Tax said March 4. I looked on the IRS website and it also has the Tuesday, Mar 1 date. I guess the IRS relaxed its 11 cutoff due to their backlog.

Mine was saying Feb 15, but my deposit was sitting in the bank on the 11th...Same as last year...

Our said 2/22 but was in our bank 2/18 (Friday) :banana:

Same here. I was really excited about it and kept waking up every few hours (not on purpose!) and checked my mobile banking.. and then, it was there! And I got great sleep the rest of the night :lmao:

Irs website says expect refund by March 1, thats a tuesday, I thought they only dump direct deosits on Friday? Has anyone else experienced this? :surfweb:

Mine was deposited today so 3/1 is totally possible! Maybe it will be like some of the others and go in this Friday.

Off to pay debt.....:thumbsup2

Mine says...

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by March 1, 2011.

I hope that doesn't mean I did something wrong on my paperwork! Ugh! Stressing over it now! :(

Mine says...

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by March 1, 2011.

I hope that doesn't mean I did something wrong on my paperwork! Ugh! Stressing over it now! :(

I got the same message.........I think you will be fine.

We have received your tax return and it is being processed. Unless there is a processing delay or you owe other taxes, you should receive your refund by March 1, 2011.

Thats what mine says

Had taxes done Sat 2/5,
had to wait to E file till Mon 2/14, filed that date
and Refund in the bank today, Tues 2/22, Not bad at all!

Had taxes done Sat 2/5,
had to wait to E file till Mon 2/14, filed that date
and Refund in the bank today, Tues 2/22, Not bad at all!

Nice!! Mine says will be deposited on 2/28 Friday, but will make my day if it comes earlier like yours!!

Our taxes were electronically filed on 2/14 and when I check it still says something like "not processed yet, it could take up to three weeks. Wait at least a week to check again". Has anyone else received this message?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter