• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Irritated already!

Are you attending a MCVMCP? Maybe ride 7D then?

I'm losing hope that I'll get 7D now, my window opens tonight for 5 night stay

It's a bit much to say that those taking a free dining offer are somehow hoodwinked. We do free dining most trips and our discount is far greater than any room discount. Most often it is only a $250 difference and I certainly could not - and would not want to - feed my family of 4 for a week at Disney for $250. We eat the way we eat regardless of the dining promotion. For us free dining is just that - free.
Are you attending a MCVMCP? Maybe ride 7D then?

I'm losing hope that I'll get 7D now, my window opens tonight for 5 night stay
Looks like there are still FP+ available for 7D on 11/19 and 11/20. If youd don't mind waiting until the end of your trip you should be OK. If you wanted/needed to go to MK at the beginning of your trip, it looks like they are gone already (as per the DIBB)

Looks like there are still FP+ available for 7D on 11/19 and 11/20. If youd don't mind waiting until the end of your trip you should be OK. If you wanted/needed to go to MK at the beginning of your trip, it looks like they are gone already (as per the DIBB)

But once again just because people can't get a FP doesn't mean they can't ride the rides, there is always the standby line. Actually I'd love for people to think that's the case because that means less people in the stand by lane. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I have a short trip during what is supposed to be a slower time, Nov. 15 - 19 (we leave early on the 19th), and A & E and 7DMT FP+ are both completely gone for my entire vacation and I can't even start making FP+ till tonight. My thoughts, it is what it is. I'm not going to get bent out of shape because I can't FP+ 2 attractions. I'll get some other FP+ and have a great time even if I have to wait in line for the most popular attractions.

Just think how things will shake out when half-way through next year A&E will move to Epcot along with the new Frozen ride. I would imagine there are a few ride FPs in MK (7DMT, ETWB & PP come to mind) that will be extra tough to come by - not to mention any parades or Wishes FP+. What I really don't have a handle on is how the current tier system in Epcot will work because you know both A&E and the new Frozen ride will be tier 1, and what about the new 3rd Soarin' digital theater and film. I have to imagine that the tier system in Epcot has to go away.

If the FP+ wasn't available 7 and a half hours after they could first be booked, the odds of a BOG ADR being available 120 days after they could first be booked are close to zero - with the exception of late cancellations, which could apply to either.

I booked a last minute trip and had no trouble getting the BOG ADR. I made my reservation inside four weeks.

Thank you - I will try to grab one at end of the week first thing! Really appreciate the info!

We are going 11/14-11/21--I got on at midnight last night and got everything I wanted within 15 minutes of my plan. I did not even attempt A&E though...
I got 7DMT on the 19th and 20th at the times I wanted

Fastpasses open at midnight ET 60 days prior to your trip. If you waited until 7:30a, you allowed yourself to be seven and a half hours behind everyone else who had access on that same day. That's no one's fault but your own. Sorry.[/QUOTE

I don't understand the purpose of this post. How is this making the OP feel better. It seems kind of mean to me and not necessary.

Thanks so much. I was in the Reservations section one day but must not have gone back enough pages to find it that day. I really appreciate the link. This afternoon I'm finalizing plans that had to be reworked and will use the link to post!
Happy to help! Have a great trip!

I didn't realize folks that got free dining didn't really get it for free!

Are you people nuts?????? I am paying good money to go there! I love Disney, but yes, it irritates me that to bump sales they give free dining making the slow times crowded! If I started picking Fastpasses three days after it opened up then shame on me, but 7:30am. That's ridiculous!

Couldn't agree more, there is a difference to "feeling Entitled" and BEING entitled.

If you are paying for something, you are actually entitled to it.

If Disney says in their ads (which they do) that you can pay a bunch of money for a WDW vacation and because of FP+ you can book your 3 favourite rides in advance, and then you can't .... you aren't getting what you PAID for.

Keep checking back. I visited the parks during a busy week in April and hardly got any FPs I wanted in advance. I booked other FPs instead and once I got there, I just periodically checked throughout the day. I ended up getting all the FPs I originally wanted (including Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet), even if it wasn't the most convenient of times, often the day before. I was really surprised. Good luck!

If Disney says in their ads (which they do) that you can pay a bunch of money for a WDW vacation and because of FP+ you can book your 3 favourite rides in advance, and then you can't .... you aren't getting what you PAID for.

Favorite or most efficient? Most people here schedule certain fp for time saving reasons, not because it's their favorite ride. I love spaceship earth but know fp is rarely necessary.

Last edited:
I was able to book 7D towards the end of our trip (11/14-11/20) on 11/19 yesterday morning at 7 AM for 6 people in the exact times I was looking for.
I have to disagree with both
How is this making the OP feel better.

These kinds of posts don't help in any way.

IMO, they shouldn't feel better, they should look throughout their trip to see if things are available, then they wouldn't need to post about being irritated because they paid for their vacation (and I, who did get free dining, apparently did not)...

Fastpasses open at midnight ET 60 days prior to your trip. If you waited until 7:30a, you allowed yourself to be seven and a half hours behind everyone else who had access on that same day. That's no one's fault but your own. Sorry.

Again - it didn't matter. FP for SDMT even for a party of 1 were gone for at least the first 2 days of her trip (maybe more) way before she was even able to look for FP.

Favorite or most efficient? Most people here schedule certain fp for time saving reasons, not because it's their favorite ride. I love spaceship earth but know fp is rarely necessary.
That may be the case here on the DIS, but we're a very small fraction of the population that goes to WDW.

Most people I know who are not on the DIS, who are the average Disney vacationer, are using FP+ to schedule their family's "must do" attractions...which is also apparently how Disney markets it (screenshot taken just now, from this page - highlight added by me)
FP+.PNG

I understand the frustration - but it is what it is. With Free Dining you have so many more on site packages booked, meaning more and more people booking FP at 60+ days. I couldn't get 7D for my trip - started with it at 12:00 am went to my last 2 days....only my final day was still "open" and the only time I could get was when we'd have to leave for the airport. So we'll give it a shot at the party, or as it's looking now due to schedules any way I may be canceling this trip and going with my second booking the week after thanksgiving - maybe I'll have better luck that week? Good luck to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter