Irons in the cabins?

And you're not supposed to have them, but before I even knew this I had brought a travel iron with me & used it.

There are irons in the laundry room.

Originally posted by dclwdwlover
And you're not supposed to have them, but before I even knew this I had brought a travel iron with me & used it.

There are irons in the laundry room.

Thanks for the info..........;)

I brought my own travel iron and used it in the Laundry Rooms where it is permitted.

Irons and ironing boards are provided in the laundry room...as are spray bottles of distilled water. You are asked no to put water in the irons.

As with most things on DCL, they are clean and work well as of the 2/7/04 Magic sailing.

I did'nt bring an iron, but I do have one of those small steamer irons. They work GREAT!

However, on my last trip I just brought a bottle of wrinkle eliminator spray. Oh, that stuff is amazing. You just mist your clothes and hang them up. You can tug/smooth out any wrinkles and it dries smooth.

LisaCA

Often the iron in the laundry room has scorch marks from people who put it on tooo HIGH then scorch their material. We bring a small travel iron and use it in the approved place. Works fine.

Rae

See, another great tip. Wrinkle eliminator spray. I didn't even know there was such a thing. HELLO? Where have I been? :scratchin

If I use the irons, I always bring a pressing cloth to protect our clothes from excess heat.

However, I stopped doing most of the ironing once I found out how reasonable it is to have them press our wrinkled items. It's half the dry cleaning fee, and well worth it, especially when it comes to tuxes and formal wear that got mashed in the suitcase.

Luv2Dream, Downy makes a wrinkle releaser spray that works great on cottons. :D

There's a laundry room on board? Great! Is there a charge for using the washer/dryers? If so, how much? Thanks.

$1 per wash and $1 to dry. If you don't bring laundry soap that is $1 too. I recommend you pack a few of the tablets, but if you forget, the extra $1 is worth it.

I did the same thing, I used by travel iron in the room before I knew we weren't suppose to. oops! i don't know how I missed that!

Our room host didn't say anything when he saw it in our room. I had left it out to cool and he had been in the room to clean.

I also have hung clothes in the bathroom when someone takes a shower.

Originally posted by rae519
Often the iron in the laundry room has scorch marks from people who put it on tooo HIGH then scorch their material. We bring a small travel iron and use it in the approved place. Works fine.

Rae

Oh yeah...I accidentally marked hubby's dress shirt from those residue marks that were left on the iron! :(

Is laundry service available the day of arrival? Meaning could I call on Saturday afternoon to have my clothes picked up for pressing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter