Irons in Cat 1 ????

DisneyVegas1

<font color=blue>That's Captain , Captain Ja
Just curious before we pack a travel iron , Would Cat 1 happen to have an iron ?? I mean I know it should but hate not to ask to know for sure ...

DisneyVegas1 said:
Just curious before we pack a travel iron , Would Cat 1 happen to have an iron ?? I mean I know it should but hate not to ask to know for sure ...

Nope....no irons in any of the staterooms at all. They aren't allowed...fire hazard. If you pack one, or carry one on, it will be confiscated.

The laundry rooms have irons for all to use.

That's one major difference between the suites you'd see in Vegas, and the suites on the ship.

Hey...besides, you're in the Cat 1......hand it over to your room steward......::yes::

justmestace said:
Hey...besides, you're in the Cat 1......hand it over to your room steward......::yes::

:thumbsup2

That's exactly what I do!! :lmao:

Well it looks likt the steward get to handle it then ...lol

DisneyVegas1 said:
Well it looks likt the steward get to handle it then ...lol

There is a charge though. We sent everything that needed to be pressed out on the first day and it was back that evening.

Irons, candles, and smoking are stricktly prohibited in the cabins.

We've had a rash of fatal house fires caused by candles here, so we only use candles at home on birthday cakes.

Just FYI, you can take a travel steamer. I have one. It works so so. Its fine for my toddler's stuff or things pressed at home that just need to be refreshed a bit after being taken out of the garment bag. It wouldn't do well with a dress shirt that had not been pressed at all or which was rolled up and squashed into a suitcase.

I LIKE the wrinkles in my clothes. They match the wrinkles on my body!

KimberlyC said:
Just FYI, you can take a travel steamer. I have one. It works so so. Its fine for my toddler's stuff or things pressed at home that just need to be refreshed a bit after being taken out of the garment bag. It wouldn't do well with a dress shirt that had not been pressed at all or which was rolled up and squashed into a suitcase.

You can bring a steamer, but you still have to use it in the laundry room. It makes zero sense that they allow smoking on the verandas and you can use a curling iron in the room, but you can't use the steamer. :confused3 Here is the link -

DCL FAQs

Is there laundry service?

Onboard laundry and dry-cleaning services (with stateroom pickup) are available for a charge. There is also a self-service Guest Laundry Room with coin-operated washers and dryers, along with detergent and ironing equipment. For safety reasons, the provided irons or steamers may be used in the laundry room only; personal irons cannot be brought aboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter