iron-on FABRIC

Katti Michele

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done anything with fabric, particularly shirts? I've done the iron-on printed paper in the past (and they've come out FANTASTIC) but i'm thinking of doing the "fake tie" with a Mickey Head fabric and was wondering if anyone has any info on this. I'm assuming there is some type of bonding agent I need to buy, but don't even know where to start myself so I figured you AMAZING, TALENTED, CREATIVE people may have some advice! Thanks in advance.

If I'm ever allowed to post pictures or links (I usually just quietly stalk the Dis), i'll post pictures of the three shirts I made for our last trip in 2010.

Hi -

You can go to a place like Joann's and maybe even your Walmart if you still have a craft area and buy something called Heat and Bond.

You would cut out your design in the fabric then iron this to the back of the fabric, it has a peel off side once ironed onto the fabric and then you just iron it on your shirt :)

Hope this helps!
Debbie

A few days ago I bought some "Pellon" material and tried to iron on fabric to it. It sticks on one side but the other side does nothing :confused3 I'm trying to make a Lilo dress and I have no idea what to do now... I've never heard of Heat and Bond material?

A few days ago I bought some "Pellon" material and tried to iron on fabric to it. It sticks on one side but the other side does nothing :confused3 I'm trying to make a Lilo dress and I have no idea what to do now... I've never heard of Heat and Bond material?

Here's a link to it from Joann's website - I love the stuff when doing appliques

http://www.joann.com/heat-n-bond-ultra-hold-iron-on-adhesive-17-w-x-5yds/prd2980/

Oops that's the link for Ultra - if you are going to sew thru it, you should purchase the LITE kind, dosen't gum up your needles.

Pellon has wonder under which is similiar, but I prefer the heat and bond.

Hope this helped.

Debbie

The Pellon I believe is an interfacing, so that is not what you want. It does iron on, but only on the one side.

Wonder Under is the name of the stuff you can also use. It comes on a roll, like fabric and is sold where the interfacings are. At Joanne's it is usually behind the cutting counter. It is simple to use and comes with instructions. (ask that they cut you some) You iron it to the wrong side of the fabric, cut out your fabric shape you want to go on the tshirt, then you flip it over right side up, peel the paper off the back, and iron it to the tshirt.

I have used both Wonder Under and Heat n Bond for shirts. Heat n Bond comes in a package and is sold in the notions section. Do read the package, it does come in different strengths. You do not need the heavy duty if you are cutting the fabric out yourself. I use the heavy duty for fabric that will be cut with my cricut.

Thanks so much everyone! I'll try both products - i'm sure this will be a trial and error project, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter