Iraq War post taken off?

yo that is sooo wack, seriously. it was a little heated at some points, but so what? at least we're conversing about it. not every thread has to be about someones trip to disney or what your favorite movie is. lets talk about some real world ish.

big ups to everyone who contributed to the discussion, even the ones who disagreed with me.

Originally posted by Wick
yo that is sooo wack, seriously. it was a little heated at some points, but so what? at least we're conversing about it. not every thread has to be about someones trip to disney or what your favorite movie is. lets talk about some real world ish.

big ups to everyone who contributed to the discussion, even the ones who disagreed with me.
You can talk about pretty much anything BUT if there are personal attacks, the mods will step in.
Y'all got a warning from the mods.

i didnt see any personal attacks in there. everyones coo. just a little harmless debate, damnn.

aww come on though, delete the thread? i mean, i can see if they wanted to close it up, but deleting is a low-blow tactic. at least a closed thread would keep it available to be viewed.

but hey, if they interpret that as personal attacks, then hahahah. got some sensitive mods runnin this thing.

::::whops maybe i shouldnt've said that.. could be considered a personal attack, lol.::::

When you insult someone's opinions and call them naive and say that they're wrong..it is a personal attack.

i don't remember seeing anyone call anyone naive :confused:. and if so, i'm sure the statement was in reference to the particular argument in question.. not the person himself. but again, i dont remember seeing that.

if i think someones wrong, i hardly consider that a personal attack. example:
someone says 2+2=5. they're wrong. personal attack? gimme a break.

the only logical explanations as to why this thread was closed r:

a) mod couldn't really contribute to the discussion and felt left out.
b) mod had a power trip. wanted to feel important.
c) mod considers the thread contributers to be "meanies" whilst in a debate-like atmosphere.
d) mod was bored.
e) all of the above.
:smooth:

I think most of the personal attacks were courtesy of me actually. :rolleyes:

Understandable that the thread was locked, but deleted? That seems a tad Orwellian to me. Could any moderators shed any light on why the thread was erased from existance? It didn't seem terribly offensive to me.

lol and even if u did...im sure he could hande it. if ur gonna debate u should be a little thick skinned. i thought it was a good argument...everything here cant always be about disney and butterflies and word games.

I have spoken with Jenn, who removed the post yesterday, and it is believed that there were too many personal attacks going on and that it simply was not feasible to continue with the thread. It is not a fact that anyone was on a power trip, or was simply bored and felt the need to delete it. Remember, these boards are moderated in an effort to keep the discussions appropriate to the topic at hand. Those who feel they can not abide by these rules are welcome to read the posts on the board, and respond via email to the person who posted the message. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

Here is a link to the guidelines,

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Should anyone have any questions, feel free to contact Jenn or I.

Thanks,
Daniel

from the guidelines...

We do not believe in censorship, and open discussions about various issues is encouraged. We ask that everyone conduct himself or herself with respect when speaking to other people. It is okay to disagree, as long as the discussion remains respectful of the feelings of others.

did anyone say or express that their feelings were hurt or they were disrespected? no.

the deleting of the thread was pointless, everyone knows it.

I do have to agree with Wick.

I understand that it broke DIS guidelines, and it's fair enough that you had to do something, I don't dispute that.

But to delete the whole thread because of a few sour comments doesn't seem right. A lot of very good, intelligent arguments were made, and we were (mostly) still debating the topic rationally. To delete the entire thread and pretend it never existed was unfair.

Yeah I have to agreee with Wick too. I was a good post even tho I didnt post on it, it was a good post to read and a lot of interesting points were made.

If you're really concerned about debating the war, go to the Debate Board or Operation Iraqi Freedom in the Community Boards and quit complaining.

There was an incident earlier this year with the debate board and teens...they didn't like us very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter