iPod Touch battery question

Silent1CB

DIS Veteran
How often do you find yourself having to charge your iPod Touch? I hardly use mine. Its like a PDA to me. Calendar & a few apps. No music, videos or pictures. I find I have to charge it about every 2-3 days.

Of all the electronic gadgets I have, it gets charged more than any, and it gets used probably the least. I've only had it a few months & I do let it get practically dead before charging it fully.

:confused3

Normal?

I've had an iPhone for about 2 months. Some days, I don't use it much (check e-mail, maybe a quick call), and other days I use it a lot (apps, games, videos). I'd say I charge it about every 4 days or so. I let the battery drain until the phone switches off itself before charging if at all possible. (When it gets down to about 10% or so, I'll purposely run a draining app, game, or video to run it down quickly, assuming it's a good time/place to charge it.)

How often do you find yourself having to charge your iPod Touch? I hardly use mine. Its like a PDA to me. Calendar & a few apps. No music, videos or pictures. I find I have to charge it about every 2-3 days.

Of all the electronic gadgets I have, it gets charged more than any, and it gets used probably the least. I've only had it a few months & I do let it get practically dead before charging it fully.

Normal?
Not normal in my experience. I charge mine once a week at the most.

OK, so letting it go completely dead won't lose any apps or data? I'll start doing that then.

On my old PDA, if the battery when completely dead, you had to reload any software, apps & data. Royal pain in the butt.

Not normal, DBF has a Touch and he uses it all the time, he charges it every 4 days or so.

Goodness- I charge my nearly every day that I use it for reading on the kindle app. I've noticed if I use it for music it goes into sleep mode, and definitely doesn't drain the battery like the kindle app does.

Mine gets charged daily

I use it a lot during the day.

Herc

OK, so letting it go completely dead won't lose any apps or data? I'll start doing that then.

On my old PDA, if the battery when completely dead, you had to reload any software, apps & data. Royal pain in the butt.

No, it definitely won't lose any data or apps. :)

I charge mine every night. I use it all the time, music, games, internet... I'm totally addicted.

iPhone here, needs a charge every night, but I play on it and make about 3 hour worth of calls in a given day.

I charge mine every 2 days or so. It depends on how much I use it. I tend to use it more when I have some downtime at work or I'm bored and trying to kill time.

I have 2 ipod touches. One is a 16 and one is an 8 ( I got them both free and the kids both already had them) I do use them both, but not always daily. I have noticed that the 16 will go days before I need to charge it while the 8 needs charged every few days weather I use it or not. I did do a reboot and reset to factory settings awhile back and it helped a little. I just always have to remember to keep it charged. It does completely drain often and I have never lost any information.

Mine always depends on how I use it. Certain Apps drain the battery a lot faster than others. Just playing music hardly uses the battery.

I've also found that if I turn it completely off, the battery drains very fast. If I just leave it in sleep, it lasts longer.

Aps that are screen intense such as games, drain the battery quicker. Also using the wifi drains the battery. If I just use mine as an alarm clock, I dont have to charge it for a few weeks. As soon as I start playing games or using some aps it lasts maybe a day.

Normal?

I Try to remember to plug mine into the docking station every night so that it usually has a full charge. I find that if I don't do that, the day I want to use it the most is the day that it is almost dead. Many times I have drained it to the point of it turning off automatically, and no, you don't lose any apps that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter