• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IPOD help

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
My daughters Ipod is less than a year old. I was playing on it and went to charge it since it had 20% battery left and it automatically shut down. When I plugged it in the battery symbol came on and it showed a red line in the battery with a lightning bolt under it. Well for the last two hours it hasn't changed and I am not able to play on it when plugged in. Everything I read on the internet is about water damage and I do not think that it was exposed to water. What should I do? Can I take it to an Apple store? Will an evaluation cost anything since it is under a year old? I can't find any of the warrenty info, ugh!! I am so tired of electronics..Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ann Marie

You can take it in and have them look at it for free. If they do determine it's water damage, they won't do anything for you (like fix it it) though under the warranty. There is something inside that shows them instantly if it has been exposed to water. But having them look at it at the store would be no charge.

To check something yourself - plug it in to a different outlet / different cord / USB to computer - something different than what you are doing. You could have a bad plug, bad cord, etc. if it's not charging.

My daughters Ipod is less than a year old. I was playing on it and went to charge it since it had 20% battery left and it automatically shut down. When I plugged it in the battery symbol came on and it showed a red line in the battery with a lightning bolt under it. Well for the last two hours it hasn't changed and I am not able to play on it when plugged in. Everything I read on the internet is about water damage and I do not think that it was exposed to water. What should I do? Can I take it to an Apple store? Will an evaluation cost anything since it is under a year old? I can't find any of the warrenty info, ugh!! I am so tired of electronics..Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ann Marie

you either have a bad charger connection or something happened with the charging capability of the battery. It may have been dropped - or you just got a bum battery, it happens- They replaced my iphone after like 3 months for a similar issue, no questions asked.
I'm pretty sure that unless you have Apple Care for it, ipods may only be 90 days. Take it in and tell them it just stopped charging- they may have mercy and give you a new one.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I am just sick over this. I cannot find the warranty. If it does need repair can Apple determine if this is under a year old or am I SOL?

as long as you registered it when you got it, you can simply go on the apple website and schedule a service appointment - you will log in and apple has all your info right there.
easy-peasy

--an yes - they will know EXACTLY how old the unit is-- they go by serial id's

Okay. I made a reservation. I can even get it to turn on now. :faint: I need some sleep and hopefully tomorrow will bring good cheer. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter