iPOD Car Adapter?

exwdwcm

wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling
So what do you recommend as the best in car iPOD adapter? I had an iTrip, which I think was like $100, it worked well, very little static, but it broke on me after a year and a half. So i tried a $15 cheapo one- no go, can't hear a thing, all static, no matter what station it searches too.

Any suggestions for a good one. I don't want to spend $100 again, but don't want a cheapo on either. ideas on what has worked well for you?

not being able to listen to my WDW music in the car is driving me nuts!!! :rotfl:

I found that none of those iPod adapter products worked well for me. So for my birthday my DH installed a new stereo in my car. It has a wire that I can plug my iPod into. It works great, and I think it only cost about $120 (for the wire and stereo). It was also easy to install - he did it himself. This isn't really a budget solution, but you also get a great new sound system for your car!

I actually just got the ISimple from Best Buy. They charged $150 for the unit and $55 for instillation. Its amazing! Best investment I have made yet in termms of my car.

I have found that the SF Bay Area has too many radio stations for most frequency based adapters to work well. My route is a bit unconventional, but the sound is terrific.

My car has an Auxillary port for things like games, etc. So, I bought a headphone to aux cable and ran it under my floor mats to the plug in the back. Keep my iPod in the center console and it works like a charm.

I actually just got the ISimple from Best Buy. They charged $150 for the unit and $55 for instillation. Its amazing! Best investment I have made yet in termms of my car.
I'll check this out. Neither of our cars has an AUX in, and I love my iPod. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup2

I bought a Belkin for $70 Cnd at Best Buy. I love it. AND it charges my itouch too :thumbsup2

thanks all! i might try the belkin solution. Not sure we want to replace the stereo as the truck is fairly new and we might be buying me a new car in the next year and DH would then take my truck (and he could care less about an ipod in the truck). Thanks!!;)

I bought a Belkin for $70 Cnd at Best Buy. I love it. AND it charges my itouch too :thumbsup2

I got a Belkin too, from Amazon cause I rarely get out to stores:

Belkin Tunebase FM Transmitter with ClearScan for iPod - $77.86

Considering how many radio stations there are in the area (when we're at work we're in the NY area), it works very well. I mainly just rely on 2 fm stations. I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter