iPhone question

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
To all those on here with an iPhone I have a question for you. Right now I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 which I very much enjoy, however I have always been intrigued with the iPhone and had Bell started selling it when I got the Tour I might have got it instead back in July 2009. Anyway there might a way for me to give the Tour to my dad because his contract with his BlackBerry 8830 World Edition is finished and somehow I would get the iPhone. Now before I make any final decisions about what I want to do I was wondering what is it like going from a keyboard to a touch screen phone when sending text's and etc, because I have never had a touch screen phone. I have also tested out the iPhone while at the Apple Store, although it was more fun just seeing what's like, so obviously I would try typing on a working model in a Bell store. Also what is the best app for Twitter because right now on my Tour I am using UberTwitter, so is there anything on the iPhone which is just as good?

Well I have a blackberry for work and an iPhone for my personal phone. It takes a little getting used to the touch screen typing. With the keyboard you can kind of feel your way around. I find I have to look at the keyboard more with the iPhone but I have gotten pretty fast at it. You can have it make a click when you hit a letter if that helps. I have found that I like the functionality of the iPhone more than my blackberry. Things are arranged more to my way of thinking.
I don't really use twitter that much so I don't really know what the beat app is for it. I think I have "twitterdeck" on here but don't use it much.
Hopefully that was helpful in some way. :)

As a former user (3+ years) of the Blackberry curve, I am here to tell you that after a few days, at most, I was 100% used to the new phone.

I had all the same concerns you probably do, about switching, and haven't looked back. Best decision I've ever made.

I had a BlackBerry for about two years. I just got my iphone about a month ago and love it. I wish I got it earlier. I was worried about typing on the touch screen also. It hasn't been a problem for me. I have small fingers, so I can use my thumbs. Most people use on finger.
I use Twitterrific. I never used UberTwitter so I'm not if they are similar.

I thought I'd would never be able to type on the iPhone after trying it out in the store, but it's just so easy. The predictive/corrective text on it makes mistakes a rarity :)

:goodvibes

Don't spend too much on the iphone...shouldn't be too long until an iphone refresh with better specs

I have had an iPhone for over a year now and I text much more than I did on my previous mobiles.
For work I have a blackberry and I find it painful in comparison to the iPhone :headache:

I had a Blackberry that I loved and wasn't sure I was going like the touch screen of the iPhone. After several days I had no problems with the iPhone. I don't miss my Blackberry at all.

I love my iPhone :)
My wife got one after her verizon contract ended. I was shocked when she got one lol :)

I have another question about it which I forgot to ask. Since I like to keep whatever phone I have in my pocket what are the chances of an app accidently opening up while it's in there and not realizing that until later on when I look at the iPhone? If that happened while I was at WDW I would be charged a lot on my next bill because when going on apps in the United States it would be considered roaming because of the internet, since my unlimited internet plan I have now is only good while in Canada.

I've never had my iPhone "turn on" an app without actually touching it with my finger. But, to be sure, when I am out side of my area (such as Canada), I turn my phone on airplane mode. That prevents email and other data programs from running up the costs.

Twitter for iPhone is echofon. I use it often and I use my iPhone all the time. I love how it spell checks as I'm typing! It sometimes gets words wrong but it puts quotes in the right places. As for turning on in your pocket it won't happen. There's a button on the top you have to press and if it gets pressed you have to swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it. And it's not just anywhere on the phone so I think you're safe! My hubby, myself, and 15 yo all have the 3gs and we've never had any mishaps with the phone turning on in our pockets.

I just got my iPhone about 2 weeks ago and ended my verizon contract early just to get it. I too have never had a problem with the phone unlocking while in my pocket. I am never bored since I got my iPhone. I hope this helps.

Christine

When I have my phone in my pocket, I just press the little button on top so the screen goes dark. I believe that this inactivates the touch screen. Mine is also set to lock after a few seconds of inactivity. Then you have to slide your finger across the screen to unlock it to do anything. I've never had anything start up accidentally.

Don't use Twitter, so I can't help you there.

I like the touch screen, but I do need to look while typing. I also like how it will suggest/correct words for you. You can also turn the phone sideways to make the keyboard wider and it might be easier to type that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter