Iphone lost or stolen today at Hollywood Studios

Glad you found the phone, but so sorry about the stomach bug! Hope all are better soon!!! :flower3:

I am so happy for your family about the phone but so sorry about the virus. It is really going around. I hope you all are feeling better to enjoy Disney.

UPDATE--Sorry I could not update sooner, our family was hit by a stomach virus:(, but that is another story... Anyway, we spent so much time checking with Guest Relations we made friends with a cute little CM. She would just sadly shake her head no at us when we popped our heads in every hour or so all day. About 8pm she smiled and held up the phone! She said it was found Tower of Terror and had been locked in their safe all day! Thank Goodness!!!!! Thanks for the good vibes!

Fantastic news about the phone. So sorry you got hit with a bug. Hope everybody is better soon.

So awesome that y'all were able to find it!! Great news indeed!

My phone is the first thing I check for when I get up to leave or get off a ride or anything. I try not to carry it in a bag, but in my pocket. Worked so far. I keep everything on it, my schedules, reminders, school assignments, etc. Too much to lose!

We just got back from a school trip to WDW and my group lost three phones and one iPod touch in the parks. In all cases each were found returned. Just keep checking with guest sevices and the main list and found.

Good luck on getting it back. I agree using find my iPhone works great. I use this and Find My Friends to locate phones all the time.

Glad you found it!!! I found an iPhone in my seat when we were exiting our Test Track car last weekend. I handed it to the first CM I saw. Hope that person checked with Lost and Found to get it back!

Not all people who find lost items keep them for themselves - there are still people in the world who do the right thing :) I have found multiple purses, sunglasses and even jewelry at Disney and always turned them right in to a CM.

Hope you have a good outcome OP!

I couldn't agree more! I found a high-end digital camera sitting on a table in the lobby of one of the GF buildings. I waited a bit to see if anyone came back to claim it. When no one did, I turned it in at the front desk. Of course I have no idea if it made it back to it's rightful owner, but at least "I" did the right thing.

My DD left hers on the tram to the parking lot in MGM a couple of years ago. It was a brand new iPhone. She and DH were going back to YC because she was sick. She thinks she left it on the tram seat. We went to lost and found in MGM. Called the general lost and found they told us to. Filed the reports. NOTHING! We were told most iPhones DON'T get turned in. How sad! To this day, she says that was her worst trip ever. Sick on DHS day, her favorite park, and losing her new phone.

on our most recent trip in May, my daughter found a phone on the floor of carousel of progress. the phone wasn't on lock, so we thought about looking for "mom" in the address book and calling. but just then the phone rang and we answered it. after coming up with a meeting spot, they got their phone back. the phone belonged to a couple who were on their first trip without the kids. they had taken a bazillion pictures to show the kids and were upset that the phone was lost. they offered us dinner, ice cream, soda... anything to show that they were grateful. I turned it down, telling them that I was glad to help them and wanted them to have a great time. I'm a social worker by trade and training! helping people and seeing the happiness of my efforts is thanks enough!
keep your phone on. locks? only if you are cheating! have "mom" programmed into the phone!

As the mother of a paramedic, first responders look for numbers that are coded with "ICE" --in case of emergency in your contact listing. These contacts would definitely know how to get in contact with you if your phone if lost or misplaced or who you are travelling with. Also, great for those unforeseen times.

I lost my iPhone a few trips ago at the carousel in Magic Kingdom. I noticed it immediately, and asked the ride operator if anyone turned one in. They said no, but we were able to search the ride for three minutes. That search came up empty. Decided to try calling the phone and it went straight to voice mail. Convinced the phone was gone, we waited an hour then went to guest services. They asked me to describe the case and color of the phone, and went in the back to look. After what seemed like forever, the cast member walked back with my phone in hand! There are still good people in the world.

UPDATE--Sorry I could not update sooner, our family was hit by a stomach virus:(, but that is another story... Anyway, we spent so much time checking with Guest Relations we made friends with a cute little CM. She would just sadly shake her head no at us when we popped our heads in every hour or so all day. About 8pm she smiled and held up the phone! She said it was found Tower of Terror and had been locked in their safe all day! Thank Goodness!!!!! Thanks for the good vibes!

Apart from the virus pleased to hear that this ended happily :goodvibes

As the mother of a paramedic, first responders look for numbers that are coded with "ICE" --in case of emergency in your contact listing. These contacts would definitely know how to get in contact with you if your phone if lost or misplaced or who you are travelling with. Also, great for those unforeseen times.

I was just coming to post the same thing, lol. I bought my girls their first cell phones and before even giving it to them, I programmed myself, their dad, and two trusted friends in as ICE....and named them as such so that first responders would know who was who (hoping that they'd then call Mom or Dad before calling someone with just a name, lol). It's best to have more than one ICE, because, heaven forbid, whatever the emergency could involve more than one family member, so best to have an "outside" contact as well.

I learned this to be a good idea the hard way.....a dear friend and her husband and daughter were involved in a very serious accident...all were taken to the hospital unconscious. Of course, they had each other in their emergency contact, but no one else. The hospital chaplain started calling down their list...and eventually got me, and luckily I was able to help him find the relatives, and I was able to go to the hospital to be there. It wasn't the best of outcomes, but having a friend beside them when they got the news (relatives were on their way, but a day away), was really helpful to them. That very night I programed 4 people into my ICE list, whereas before I only had hubby. Be sure your ICE choices aren't all immediate family in case of the worst.

Glad the phone was found! As soon as I read the subject line I thought of ToT! About 4 yrs ago I had my phone in my jeans pocket. I even checked the location of the phone before the ride started. Afterwards I was looking for my family and noticed my phone was gone! Went back to the ride and they came out with a smashed phone....,luckily it wasn't mine. So I stopped at guest services on the way out and while the CM was looking my DH called the phone and the CM came out with it and it was still working! I think the drops on ToT are so forceful that you really have to have them locked down. I was truly shocked that the phone was still working!

Unless you know the passcode (if the phone is password protected, which the majority of them are), you aren't getting to the contacts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter