iPhone charger for the parks

DARuss

Tag. You're it.
I am looking for some recommendations for a battery pack to carry with us in the parks for our upcoming trip. :banana: We like to use the phone apps while we are in the parks and our iPhone batteries will not make an entire day doing this. :sad: We have the Iphone 3GS, 4S and 5. I know there are no chargers out yet with the iPhone5 so we will need one with the USB port, preferably 2 ports. Thanks in advance. :worship:

We just returned and used "powergen" which we purchased from Amazon for $30. We charged iPods, iPhone 4 & even a 5. Just bring the USB cord, we had no problem with the 5. Its about the size of a phone and charges up pretty quickly. We are self employed and the user of the iphone 5 HAD TO HAVE a functioning phone, we were totally thrilled with this. It will do any iPhone and we have used it on iPad's too!

Just a heads up that in the new part of Fantasyland (under the Big Top) will be a recharging station. This may help you out for MK

How does a charging station work exactly? BYOC (cord)? Sit there while it charges?

Check out ZAGG.com they have a great charger that will charge a phone/Ipad ect anything with a USB.. has two USB ports. I LOVE this charger... I bought one for myself and one for my son. Works great
Also if you plan on going out of the country it also comes with the adapter for that electrical source.

Thanks Peeps for the info. Just adding to my pre-trip research. :cool1: please keep the info coming. :thumbsup2
Which ZAGG do you have?

Get a lightweight pith helmet, cover it with solar cells, and wire it up so you can plug in the phone and keep it charged up. Since it will remain charged during the day, it should not run out of power until after you get back to your room at night.

Thanks for your post!! :thumbsup2

I never thought of bringing a battery pack to recharge.

This will make things so much easier on our upcoming trip. I'm looking at buying the PowerGen on Amazon.

:thumbsup2
Get a lightweight pith helmet, cover it with solar cells, and wire it up so you can plug in the phone and keep it charged up. Since it will remain charged during the day, it should not run out of power until after you get back to your room at night.

Have you heard of the Mophie Juice Pack? It's a case with an external battery attached to it that you can use before of after your iPhone battery is depleted.

It only works with 4/4S though.

Love this board and the off the wall tips I am getting! Never would have thought about using something like this!

Thanks so much! It is always such a pain in the parks to run out of battery when I have taken too many pictures. Just ordered the Sparqq for my upcoming trip. Yay!

We have a solar charger we got on ebay (Amazon has them too), has a battery pack with it. We used it a couple of weeks ago at DisneyLand, just hooked it to the backpack, Got lots of nice comments on it. Comes with all kinds of connectors for your Iphone, Ipod, mp3, tablets, etc. When you are charging your phone, charge the battery pack (smaller than the cell phone) then you can charge the phones from the battery when you aren't in the sun.

Cell-Phone-Solar-Charger-I-pad-Phone-Android-Droid-Solor-I-Phone-/

Never even thought about this, but being as i am sitting in jury duty and my phone is dying, i will pick one up for WDW in 40 days!!!!

Thanks for all the great info. Plenty of things to look at and research. And of course if you spend time on the boards you like to do research for our upcoming trip. Thanks again and keep the info coming. Love all the great info. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:
I can only imagine the reaction I'd get from my Disney crew traveling with us.
:clown:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter