iphone calendar app

bonkos6

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a calendar app that my husband and I can both use that will sync our calendars together. What do you use?

bonkos6 said:
I'm looking for a calendar app that my husband and I can both use that will sync our calendars together. What do you use?

We like the Cozi app. You can use it from their website as well as the app. We quit using the Apple calendar a few years ago in favor of this. My kids have it on their iPods as well and I can send them reminders for appointments and things too.

I use google calendar on my laptop, you can set up different gmail accounts to share their calendars. Then you can use calengoo or pocket informant (there may be others, but I've used both of these and like them) on the iphone. I like that the calendars area color coded,.it's easy to tell different peoples stuff apart. I have it set up for the for of us in our house, and share the calendar with my daughter on her phone (have it on my phone and ipod). my hubby still likes his paper calendar!

Google calendar on computer. You can have as many calendars as you want & share them. Each calendar is different color & you can turn them on & off if you just want to see yours.

I then have that synced to iPhone's default calendar. Again, each different color calendar shows up if turned on. Or turn it off.

We also use Cozi. I really like that I can have reminders sent to our phones.:)

Is Cozi any better than it used to be? I tried it about a year ago, but they were just having so many website & server problems. I didn't find them reliable & didn't want to lose data.

That is why I went the Google Calendar route. Way more stable! Cozi seemed like a little start up company & I wasn't sure they had the knowledge or backing to stick it out.

beaucoup said:
Is Cozi any better than it used to be? I tried it about a year ago, but they were just having so many website & server problems. I didn't find them reliable & didn't want to lose data.

That is why I went the Google Calendar route. Way more stable! Cozi seemed like a little start up company & I wasn't sure they had the knowledge or backing to stick it out.

I haven't had any issues but I do recall they had some server issues quite a while ago.

We use Cozi also. We haven't had any problems with it either. I like that everyone in the family has a different color and that we can get reminders.

Used to use Cozi...now we use Skedi. Much better -- though it's the most expensive app I've ever bought! Well worth it though!

We used the included iCal app...

Open iCal
Click on Calendars
Click on the blue button for the calendar you want to share
Under "Shared with" search for your husband in your contacts

Works great for us!

Open iCal
Click on Calendars

Works great for us!

Thank-you!! This is really what I wanted!! I didn't know I could share this calendar. I've had this phone for a couple of years now and am still learning new things!! Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

Open iCal
Click on Calendars

Works great for us!

We also just use the included calendar on our iphones. We have one iCloud account for all our apple devices, so everything is pushed to all devices. When our phones and iCloud were new, dh was in another time zone and set a Reminder as a wake up alarm. Needless to say, my iPhone went off at 4am. After I groggily figured out what had happened, I set a Reminder for 5 minutes later that said "Teach husband how to use his new Iphone" LOL!

Thank-you!! This is really what I wanted!! I didn't know I could share this calendar. I've had this phone for a couple of years now and am still learning new things!! Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 No prob! I never would have known this either except that a friend mentioned it to me about 6 months before I got the phone...is it lame that sharing calendars was one of the features I was looking forward to the most? :p (Husband has had an iPhone for over a year now and I just switched from a DROID X.) I'm seriously debating taking one of those 1-hour workshops at the Apple store whenever they begin offering them for the iPhone 5. I'm sure there are tons of cool features people don't know about. :scratchin

We also just use the included calendar on our iphones. We have one iCloud account for all our apple devices, so everything is pushed to all devices. When our phones and iCloud were new, dh was in another time zone and set a Reminder as a wake up alarm. Needless to say, my iPhone went off at 4am. After I groggily figured out what had happened, I set a Reminder for 5 minutes later that said "Teach husband how to use his new Iphone" LOL!

That STINKS. :lmao:

We haves used Cozi for years and loved how well it has kept us on track - especially color-coding everyone in the family. But now, they want you to upgrade (pay) for Cozi Gold in order to get features that were provided free. I miss my calendar monthly view, but don't think it is worth $49.99 to subscribe for a year. I need new calendar suggestions to keep our family organized.

I should have specified - on my iPhone. I used the month view a lot to see everyone's activity. It is no longer available except with paying. All along I wondered when Cozi would start charging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter