iPhone apps

koho

Why is the Rum always gone?
Which are the best iPhone apps? I have been looking at the Eticket app and the Undercover Tourist app. If there are any more let me know.

Thanks

I have lines and undercover tourist. Both are good. Lines is a bit more exact with the wait times (UC has a 5 minute rounding). UC has menus and distances to attractions - I'm 513k yards from PhilharMagic!

If two people in your party have UC, you can be on a network and see where the other person is (I don't know if you need the app open or not). My brother and I were playing with it this weekend, and it did have a hard time locating him. Obviously, we're not in the parks, so I'm not sure if that problem will continue.

In addition to the ones mentioned, Versaedge makes some good apps many of which are free.

Lines as mentioned by PP's
WDW Maps (get the box set - it has all the parks and some resorts, DTD, Sea World, Busch Gardens; I think it was $2.99 for the whole set.
TWiz which is a transportation wizard.
eTicket is just o.k., I hardly ever use it.

I have the following and find them to be useful, most range between 99 cents and 2 dollars. I have found some of the wait time apps to be good if alot of people in your group are using it to reflect some correct times.

WDW Countdown
Disney World Wait Times
Disney World Dining
Disney World Park Hours

Lines as mentioned by PP's
WDW Maps (get the box set - it has all the parks and some resorts, DTD, Sea World, Busch Gardens; I think it was $2.99 for the whole set.
TWiz which is a transportation wizard.
eTicket is just o.k., I hardly ever use it.

I hate to say it, but eTicket was a big disappointment for me. I hardly use it as well...

I love Lines, though. Undercover Tourist's app is also pretty good (but not quite up there with Lines).

It is looking like Lines is the preferred app. I was looking for an app that had wait times, maps, menus and something to keep all my confermation numbers together.

Thanks for the help if there is any more out there let me know.

It is looking like Lines is the preferred app. I was looking for an app that had wait times, maps, menus and something to keep all my confermation numbers together.

Thanks for the help if there is any more out there let me know.

Just FYI, Lines only works if you have a Touring Plans subscription. So the app is free... but you won't get anything out of it unless you have an active account for it.

It's well worth it, IMO.

I was extremely disappointed with Eticket. It took forever to come up while I was in the park, and it was much quicker to ask someone where the bathrooms were located that trying to wait for the app. VERY SLOW.

I like Lines by Touring plans, Disney World Park Hours, WDW Countdown, Mouses World Radio, and Disney World Maps.

We view our app as a well balanced app that offers many features in both our paid and free versions.

We offer maps integrated with wait times, custom touring plan creator, dining menus and many other features.

Currently we think it is a good wait time app that is improving every day - We have 100k+ downloads (Android & iPhone) and thus the wait times are good and continually improving and will eventually be excellent. Our current algorithm and 2,000,000 wait time data points are good but also improving. We have grown from nothing to 100k+ in 6 months and are accelerating in popularity.

We hope you will consider that we are the bestselling app both in the free and paid apps sections of iTunes and that we are a balanced app.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

I have Undercover Tourist and absolutely adore it. I also have all 4 park maps, which makes life unbelievably easier, even if I do have them memorized! I believe I searched "Disney World" or some variation. They were $0.99 and totally worth it, and are updated when the time calls for it.

I have the:
countdown
WDW maps
Mouse Memo (which is nice, cause it keeps track of reservations)
WDW dining (has full menus and info on all places to eat at the resorts, parks and DTD
WDW weather (so we will know what type of weather to expect in Janurary)

I am going to look into the Undercover Tourist one though.

For straight out waittimes--- lines.

For all-inclusive, the UT app.

I like that the UT app does have a scheduler built in, plus has info about the attractions, plus maps, plus dining menus. The wait-times are bold and colorful and easy to use...

But for straight wait times, I still prefer the lines app -- As it gives wait forecasts for the next day. And unlike UT, it also tells you about fast-pass times.

But for straight wait times, I still prefer the lines app -- As it gives wait forecasts for the next day. And unlike UT, it also tells you about fast-pass times.

That's the key for me, the fastpass times. UT we know you're reading the thread. I have both Lines and the UT app. I used Lines in the park exclusively, d/t the FP times. It would have been very cumbersome to flip back and forth between Lines and UT. But, the UT app is nice, but needs to grow a bit.

found a new one today its free
called pixiewine

its a epcot food and wine app

has all the stands with there foods and locations

and all the special events

real nice for free

to bad i wasted my time making notes on what stands i want to eat and what i want to no forget to try since its all here

found a new one today its free
called pixiewine

its a epcot food and wine app

has all the stands with there foods and locations

and all the special events

real nice for free

to bad i wasted my time making notes on what stands i want to eat and what i want to no forget to try since its all here

Downloading it now, thanks for the tip -- I hope it's good!

WDW Countdown will get you and the family in the mood for vacation! Kids want to check it everyday! Pictures are great too...

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter