iPhone apps

ladyv

Mouseketeer
There seem to be quite a few Disney related iPhone apps. I'm wondering if anyone LOVES any app in particular - I was thinking of buying or downloading a couple if anyone has any rave reviews and think they'll be really handy for our upcoming trip.

The WDW park hours is fantastic! Gives you all the park opening times, EMH, parade times, everything that I normally try to cram on a spreadsheet and carry around with me are at the touch of a button!

I just downloaded Mouse Memo which lets you store ADR's, flight #'s, all kinds of stuff but haven't really tried it yet, but so far I'm drooling :lovestruc

Have fun!

I really like park maps (by Upinpoint) - they can now be purchased as a boxed set and now have gps capability. I've used them our last 2 trips.

I haven't used the following but have been playing around with them:
1. the free versa edge wait times (there are threads debating the accuracy but I think it will be fun AND more accurate if people actually use it).
2. The versa edge WDW dining has menus and restaurant information. It does have an ADR tracking feature so you can use it as a dining calendar. Also, it has a GPS feature to locate places near you and a "my favorites" feature.
3. WDWPal has "lounge" aka bar locations on it which is why I bought it (yes, we're thirtysomething and childless :lmao: ) but it does also have dining and other discounts listed (like DVC, AP, and Visa card discount summaries) as well as a DDP tracker (which I haven't even played around with since we use TiW).
4. I have both WDW times and Park Hours - I'm not wild about either of them as of yet but maybe I'll change my mind once we're on site. WDW Times seems to lag when loading and Park Hours seems a little bit easier to use.

Short version...I whole heartedly recommend upinpoint maps and both versa edge software! The WDW pal may be useful to some people.

And I'd like to hear others weigh in on the WDW times vs Park Hours.

OLP Transportation Wizard...tells you all the ways to get from Point A to Point B using Disney transportation and how long each method takes on average. Worth the $2 investment. :thumbsup2

love this thread. Great combo of my favorite things... iphone apps and WDW.

Super thread - very surprised how many apps there are!
It looks lke the wait time ones are dependent on people sending them in though, so not sure how accurate they would be?

I can't wait to try some of these when we are there!:)

There is an app out called Pocket Tunes. Its a great app for streaming radio stations from around the world (even SiriusXM if you have a subscription). Last night I ran a search for Disney and found a station that plays Disney park themes 24/7. The themes are from the Disney parks & resorts from around the world. The app is on sale now for $6.99.

There is an app out called Pocket Tunes. Its a great app for streaming radio stations from around the world (even SiriusXM if you have a subscription). Last night I ran a search for Disney and found a station that plays Disney park themes 24/7. The themes are from the Disney parks & resorts from around the world. The app is on sale now for $6.99.

I got the MouseWorld Radio app for free. It plays park music all day, too. Search for MWradio! There's also Dtunes that does the same thing. It's still pretty new I think. It's free too.
Also, the WDW Trivia game is fun too! I also have the wait times app and the WDW secrets one. I'm so addicted to Iphone apps it isn't even funny!

I got the MouseWorld Radio app for free. It plays park music all day, too. Search for MWradio! There's also Dtunes that does the same thing. It's still pretty new I think. It's free too.
Also, the WDW Trivia game is fun too! I also have the wait times app and the WDW secrets one. I'm so addicted to Iphone apps it isn't even funny!

Thanks for the info, I just downloaded them. Listening to Mouse World Radio now, John is taking us through the centuries on CoP popcorn::

I had my DH search for live365.com on his iphone and he was able to download that for free....it has MouseWorld Radio plus a ton of other Disney stations that you can listen too. You can also go on your computer and listen to it too, I am listening to "Looking Glass" right now, before I was listening to "Horizons"....gave me a tear in my eye.

Tthe Upinpoint maps are awesome. They not only include all attractions, restaurants, and RESTROOMS, but they also have a daily calendar of shows and attractions in each park. Easily the best $4 you'll spend on your trip.

OLP Transporation Wizard looks good too, but I haven't actually used it in the park yet. I hope it's accurate!

The wait time apps appear to be mostly based on user contributions, but the one that I downloaded is supposedly linked directly into the park's computerized system which updates automatically every 15 minutes. It's called Disney World Wait Times & More by Pete Clark. It's $0.99, whereas some of the others are free, but when you're spending thousands on a trip why not spend a dollar to make it more efficient?

Is there an app with the times guide that lists characters and when/where they will appear?

Thanks!

There's a Hidden Mickey's app that I just read about on Macworld. It works on both the iPhone and iTouch but there have been no reviews yet. It's just $2, so I might download and try it. Has anyone tried it?

The wait time apps appear to be mostly based on user contributions, but the one that I downloaded is supposedly linked directly into the park's computerized system which updates automatically every 15 minutes. It's called Disney World Wait Times & More by Pete Clark. It's $0.99, whereas some of the others are free, but when you're spending thousands on a trip why not spend a dollar to make it more efficient?

This app got slammed in the reviews section on the app store. Anyone had a good experience with it? I would be interested to know where the updates come from.

I thought MouseMemo was worth the $0.99 I paid. I don't have to worry about taking a spreadsheet with all my ADRs anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter