• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iphone Apps

Bouncin-Tigger

DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit
I have a few disney apps for my iphone and especially love the disney dining one but would love a dvc one with point charts and a point calculator, does anyone know if one exists?

I am currently developing both an iphone app and a Mac app for DVC points. PM me if you are interested in beta testing.

What about a BB app? Actually wish disboards was easier to access from a BB.

I am currently developing both an iphone app and a Mac app for DVC points. PM me if you are interested in beta testing.

Are you developing a Mac DVC app, because you haven't found one for Mac or just a Mac app that works for you?

Pj

I'm an iPhone developer too. While there are several Disney related apps that I wanted to produce, a friend who works for the Mouse advised that I probably didn't want the potential headaches from the all-powerful legal team. I decided to do some other things and leave Disney apps to braver souls. However, I'm happy to beta test whatever you're working on if you'd like a hand.

It's strange that DVC has such a mediocre point management system through the website isn't it? I'm glad they at least added the rudimentary features we have a couple years back... better than nothing.

I switched to Mac back in 2005 and would dearly love a point tracking app for the Mac - :surfweb:
Will your Iphone app also work on the Ipod touch? I have an Ipod touch and also an LG Dare phone --- would be willing to beta test for you if you like:wizard:

I switched to Mac back in 2005 and would dearly love a point tracking app for the Mac - :surfweb:
Will your Iphone app also work on the Ipod touch? I have an Ipod touch and also an LG Dare phone --- would be willing to beta test for you if you like:wizard:

Yes, it will work on the iPod touch.

So a point tracker would come in really handy for the iPhone / iTouch, but what I thought of last night was an "Owners Locker" inventory app. Although you can list and check the inventory of your box on their site, why spend the time loading a couple of web pages on your device, logging into your account and then scrolling like mad to view your stuff?

What I envision would be a simple, customizable local database app to record what's in the box. This would allow me to view what's in the box while I'm at the store and think, "Do we have ___ in the box?" It could go a step further by utilizing the camera so you can add a photo of the item to jog your memory, but that's a iPhone only feature since the iTouch is camera-less. Add a goofy name like "Purple Box Stuff" or something and there's your $1.99 / download!

Unfortunately, I'm not a developer but would be willing to share the royalties on the concept. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter