Iphone app

RDP

DIS Veteran
Is there an app for connecting to Disney's internet service?

The internet service at the resorts is not wireless, at least so far. You will need to bring your own router.

If you're using an iPhone (as opposed to an iPod or an iPad), you should have Internet service through your cell phone provider (assume AT&T.) That service will work in Disney guest rooms just as it does anywhere else.

But as the others said, if you want Wi-Fi at a Walt Disney World resort, you need to bring your own wireless access point. WDW guest rooms only have wired service and there is no way to tap into that with an iPhone.

Vero, HHI and the Grand Californian all have wireless service.

Jailbreak it and run the myfi app. Now you can use your phone as a router.

But why would you want to when you have a perfectly good broadband connection already in the room? Just hook up any old broadband WAP and connect the iphone via WiFi. Its much faster and doesn't bog down when you add additional devices. 3G is bad enough when using a smartphone, I can't imagine trying to use it to get any work done in a timely manner on a laptop.

Just back from WDW and HHI and we used a wireless router for Xbox (used to purchase movies), Itouch and Iphone.

The 3G ran very slow and the slower it runs the more it drains the battery. At HHI they have wireless, but you need a code to access and I had to keep logging in to use the wireless at the resort. It got to the point, I gave up using it, because it was tedious.

We tried to hook up the router at HHI but could not get it to work.

The router worked great, ran fast and covered the patio so I was very pleased we had it at WDW.

HHI had awful 3G coverage and our first day we lost cable tv and wi fi for several hours due to an outage on the entire Island. So be prepared to be disconnected no matter what you use at HHI.

I don't want to use 3G as I'm from the UK and the cost is tremendous. I got a cellphone bill of over $300 on my visit last year. :scared1: I don't want to repeat that mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter