• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iphone app?

I leave tomorrow and am trying to find wait time apps...there are so many. Are the free one's as accurate as the apps you need to pay for?

I leave tomorrow and am trying to find wait time apps...there are so many. Are the free one's as accurate as the apps you need to pay for?

This has become my standard response to these kind of questions.

The only app that has 100% accurate wait times is the Official Verizon app that only runs on certain Verizon phones.

All the others rely on either user entered data, historical data or a combo of both.

The Lines app, which is really just a website, is subscription based and uses the same data that they have collected over the years to predict crowd levels and use that data to predict what the wait times are and will be.

All the other apps only use user entered data. If an app has a large user base in the park it should be the most accurate. So accuracy is purely dependent on how many people use an app on a given day and how honest they are.

In an odd case of you don't get what you pay for, Its my feeling that the free apps should be more popular because they are free. The pay ones don't use that money to get "better" data.

Some people may say this one is better than that one, but until one of them dominates the market they are all going to be competing for the same small user base.

I have 3 disney related iPhone apps, and have found that my free "wdw wait times" app is more accurate for lines than the paid apps. Otherwise, I don't find much use in using any of the apps for anything else.

The iPhone app offered by the Disboards is nice, but I don't dis on my iphone (as an iphone owner, you can sympathize with the crappy battery life ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter