Iphone App for DIS

Hasn't worked in a while. The mobile web version of the new DIS forums is great, though.

Does this app no longer work? Mine has not worked for months.
The DISboards mobile app is no longer supported since the recent change to a new forum platform which supports mobile browers. The board owners have said there will not be a new mobile app created. If you have the old DISboards app, you might as well remove it from your device.

To add a DIS icon to your phone or tablet's homescreen:

iOS
  1. Use Safari to go to DISboards.com
  2. Tap the little box with an up arrow icon on the bottom of the screen
  3. Tap "Add to Home Screen"
  4. Name it DIS and Add it
Android
  1. Use Android browser to go to DISboards.com
  2. Tap the settings button (three vertical dots)
  3. Tap "Add to Home screen"
  4. Name it DIS and add it
Martin

Last edited:

iOS
Android
  3. Tap the Star button to save a bookmark - name it DIS
  4. Go back to browser and tap the bookmarks button
  5. Tap and hold the DIS bookmark
  6. Tap "Add to Home screen"
Martin

For Android, you only need to do steps 1, 2 and 6.

iOS
Android
  3. Tap "Add to Home screen"
  4. Name it DIS and add it
Martin

Thank you so much!! :worship:

I miss the app. It had one feature that the mobile site does not -when I logged into the app, all posts in a forum since my last login were bolded. With the mobile app, even if I log in/out, I still have to remember how far back to go in a forum to see all the new threads (although the mobile site does still take me to the first unread message in a thread).

I miss the app. It had one feature that the mobile site does not -when I logged into the app, all posts in a forum since my last login were bolded. With the mobile app, even if I log in/out, I still have to remember how far back to go in a forum to see all the new threads (although the mobile site does still take me to the first unread message in a thread).

That actually wasn't a feature specific to the app, the old software used to mark everything "read" once you logged off (or got logged off due to a delay reading). The new software doesn't actually mark anything as "read" until you actually do read it or...use the button at the top of the screen to "Mark Forums Read." If you do this prior to logging off, only new threads will be bold when you next log-on. The "Mark Forums Read" button should be in the light-blue menu bar, you might need to unhide it because some buttons hide in the mobile view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter