Ipad mini? where do you get books from

pink_fins

I live under the sea with Nemo and friends
I know my husbands kindle gets books from Amazon. Can I continue to get books from Amazon or does Apple have its own book store? confused
tia
gail

I know my husbands kindle gets books from Amazon. Can I continue to get books from Amazon or does Apple have its own book store? confused
tia
gail
Download the Kindle app to your iPad Mini. You can continue to share the same Amazon books or read new ones. You will just need to add the iPad as one of your devices.

I get a ton of free books by following Pixel of Ink. They are on Facebook and I think they have a website. They are all Amazon free books of the day.

Download the Kindle app to your iPad Mini. You can continue to share the same Amazon books or read new ones. You will just need to add the iPad as one of your devices.

FYI, even if you have the kindle app on your iPad, you can't actually purchase books from amazon using the app. You have to purchase from your computer or another non-apple device, and your purchases will sync to your ipad kindle app.

yup you can have the kindle app on your iPad. Or through apple you will buy books from iBooks store (shown in the iBooks library)

We will often price compare between Kindle & iBooks since sometimes one is cheaper than the other. Also iBooks can be purchased with iTunes gift cards. We stock up on iTunes when they go on sale at Target, etc... so sometimes being able to purchase through iTunes makes the item cheaper.

FYI, even if you have the kindle app on your iPad, you can't actually purchase books from amazon using the app. You have to purchase from your computer or another non-apple device, and your purchases will sync to your ipad kindle app.

Not quite correct. You can use an Amazon app from your iPad, or go to the Amazon site directly to order books. You're right that you can't purchase books through the Kindle App but you CAN purchase books from your iPad.

Just use Amazon app, or go to www.amazon.com.

Just did it this week from my iPhone!

Our local library had an option to borrow ebooks also. You get the ebook for 14 days, and there is no charge. We mostly get Kindle books on our ipads, but do use the library occasionally.

Apple has iBooks, which I have on my iPad as well as a kindle app and the nook app.

Thanks all for the information. This board has a wealth of all sorts of information.

Yes Apple has iBooks and you can download the Kindle app, also you can download the Barnes and Noble Nook app too!

I use the Overdrive app on my iPhone 5 and iPad. It can be used with various public libraries for print and audio books.

Do check with your public library because most systems do have ebooks now. Also, if you live anywhere in NY state you can get a library card from the NY Public Library in NYC by mail and then use it to get ebooks from them (bigger selection than our local system). I know the OP wasn't in NY but maybe other states have similar programs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter