Inviting friends to link account on MDE?

Carla1183

Mouseketeer
I feel like the answer to this is going to be so obvious I'm going to hate myself for missing it. Where the heck on MDE do I invite a friend to plan with me? We want to link accounts with friends going the same week as us (yes, so we can share MM).
Neither of us are staying on site.
When I go to Add Guest under my Friends and Family I just get the following. I can't find anywhere to invite by email address!addguest.PNG :

You aren't alone. I had trouble as well! I ended up just selecting "I'll enter their name and age". Once you enter their name and age (Age 18+, etc), you can click on the "Update" link next to their name. It pulls up their information and there is another link to "Invite to Connect". They will then receive an e-mail invitation. Once they accept, you will no longer see "Plans Managed by Me".

Yes. That’s the only way to add them: Enter their name, exactly as it’s listed on their MDE, and age and then follow the email prompts.

THANK YOU!! I feel like that's not clear at ALL! I kept thinking that was a way for me to add a new person to my own party, since it didn't have email listed on the first set of info. I knew it had to be there somewhere!

Yes. That’s the only way to add them: Enter their name, exactly as it’s listed on their MDE, and age and then follow the email prompts.

Unless it's been updated recently to require a match, I don't believe you need to have the name exactly the same.
Ive added several friends whose names were different than what I entered and not had any problems. The email is the most important part

Unless it's been updated recently to require a match, I don't believe you need to have the name exactly the same.
Ive added several friends whose names were different than what I entered and not had any problems. The email is the most important part
Interesting, thanks!

ETA:
Also wanted to note that some did have problems when they added Mary Poppins when the MDE had Ms. Mary Poppins listed.

Interesting, thanks!

ETA:
Also wanted to note that some did have problems when they added Mary Poppins when the MDE had Ms. Mary Poppins listed.

That's odd.
My names have been very wrong - generally I would enter their Facebook name which was a first and middle name, but their MDX was first and last and they still linked properly.
I'll have to keep an eye out and see if mis-matched honorifics cause any problems in the future

That's odd.
My names have been very wrong - generally I would enter their Facebook name which was a first and middle name, but their MDX was first and last and they still linked properly.
I'll have to keep an eye out and see if mis-matched honorifics cause any problems in the future
I think the problem was when a Resort Reservation was involved and Mary listed on the reservation didn’t match Ms. Mary. I think it’s only been reported a couple of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter