Inventions Dinner

JoeSam

Mouseketeer
I would love to hear from someone who's done the Inventions buffet at the DLH.

Which characters did you see? Was the interaction good? Have you had or seen a birthday celebration there?

I am thinking of here for my DS' 5th birthday on 24th Nov with a cake. Do the characters bring the cake, as they did for us in Walt's on his 3rd birthday?

Thanks very much

We did this a couple of years ago, not for any special reason & didn't see anyone else celebrating. We were maybe slightly disappointed because we thought we might have seen 'someone different' (don't know who!). From what I remember we saw Goofy & Pluto, Mickey, Chip & Dale & Eeyore (is that how you spell it?!). I think that was about it, I seem to remember they hung around the table for quite a while. The food was fab all sorts of wonderful treats for the adults as well as the standard stuff for non adventurous children! What I do particularly remember was how good the staff were with the children which I thought was lovely. Hopefully someone who;s been more recently will be more help. I would imagine the characters would bring the cake, we had a 2nd birthday in the Lucky Nugget and they all gathered round the table with the cake, it was fab.

Thanks very much for your response.

Perhaps we should do the Lucky Nugget then, although I think at this time of year they only do lunches. Does anyone know what times they serve? I think we would prefer an evening meal. :confused3

All comments on the various character dining options would be really appreciated.

We had dinner at Inventions 17 October and it was great. The interaction with the characters was big fun for our children. They came to each table and spent some time with everyone. They also came back several times and remembered what they "played" with the children. There were Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Dumb and Dee, Chip 'n Dale, Minnie, Suzy and the other mouse from Cinderella.
The food was great: a buffet with many starters from fish (salmon, makrel etc), meat and salads; main course of several sorts of meat, pasta (spaghetti/tagliatella/lasagna), several warm vegetables, for the kids: pizza, chiken and pork-nuggets etc; desert: ice cream, rice, pudding, pastries etc.
It was really worth the money. We were ther for almost 2 1/2 hours and the children will choose Inventions again when we go back (so they told us).
There was a birthday cake brought in for other people, they were with a large family (or friends) and were in a private room in the restaurant. The characters were there too.
I can only recommend the restaurant.
Have a great time!!! :cheer2:

We did this in September and Inventions was empty. There was only one other couple sitting in our section. There were a bunch of characters like Cinderella and her mice, Pluto, etc. and we recieved tons of attention. It was far less crowded at dinner than at breakfast. At breakfast, by 8 a.m. there was a long line of kids waiting for pictures. The food at dinner was mediocre - mainly becuase it sat out waiting so long because there was no-one there to eat it. Lots of seafood and meats, and yummy desserts.

Hi

we had a birthday at Inventions for the past two years and I personally think its the best place to celebrate. Both times Minnie brought the cake and all the waiters gather around the table and sing happy birthday, as do whatever characters are around. Last year was my mums 70th birthday and Minnie brought her dancing all over the restaurant...great memories to have in years to come. I would heartily recommend it for the character interaction, the food is not always to my liking as I dont like sea-food, so I tend to have the starters as main course also..leaves plenty of room for the deserts!

Thread here might be of interest. We enjoyed the food but were disappointed with characters, others reported better :confused3

We did three character meals in August, - Inventions, Lucky Nugget and Steakhouse brunch. Inventions was the best because it was exceptionally delicious food and it was very quiet so we were really spoilt by the characters who were Minnie, Perla, Suzy, Eeyore, Pluto, Tigger and Launchpad McQuack (got his name right now Becky! :rotfl: )
The only place we saw birthday celebrations was at the Steakhouse where every table except ours seemed to be having a birthday! ;) :rotfl2: Each time I noticed the CM carried the cake but all the characters would rush to the birthday boy or girl's table to sing :bday: and make a big fuss of them.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I think we've decided on Inventions but watch this space........ :confused3

Reid's thread was extremely useful as it answered my question "who the heck is Launchpad McQuack????" :rotfl:

I can see that everyone's experiences vary - as with the Plaza Gardens party - lots of people love it, but we found it a bit rushed and my son's birthday wasn't so special with all the other birthdays happening at exactly the same time. They also committed the cardinal sin of putting 3 candles on the cake on Joe's 4th birthday :earseek: These things are important to a four yr old!!

JoeSam said:
. They also committed the cardinal sin of putting 3 candles on the cake on Joe's 4th birthday :earseek: These things are important to a four yr old!!

Importtant to a four year old, definitely!! But frankly if someone came out with 33 candles for me instead of 32 I wouldn't be best pleased either :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter