Introducing Amy to "Walt's World" *Updated twice 1/21 Last installments*

Bill’s dad got the muffler fixed that morning and breakfast was at the Golden Corral buffet. Fruit again for me, Bill got sausage, biscuits, gravy, an omelet, and hash browns. I can’t get over how much food this man can put away.

It was shopping day, I had learned that there was a Disney store within my reach and that is the only request I made the entire trip. I had to be with my people somehow.

019-1.jpg

Isn't that sign pretty, ahhh happy place!!

Matt dropped Marianne and I off to find a parking spot. Ok, I would have loved to go in this store with Bill only. Marianne looked like a nervous wreck with all the people, the Chap Stick came out and was applied liberally. She does that when she is upset. When she first met me and realized Bill and I were a couple, she never put the Chap Stick away :lmao:. Now I hardly ever see it, but it was whipped out about 2 seconds after we walked through the door because just like anything else associated with the word "Disney" the place was packed.

I couldn’t really enjoy even looking, then Bill showed up. Matt was hanging out at the door looking miserable. I took Bill to the pins, he picked these out for pin trading:

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

They are ok to trade in the parks aren’t they? I think so. I almost got a Minnie ears headband, but thought they would think I was nuts so I didn’t get it. I regret that now.

Matt declared that he and Bill were off in search of shoes for Bill and would meet us later. Marianne knows Tanger Outlet like the back of her hand. She said she and one of her girlfriends had even taken one day and went into every store, over 100 stores. I was thinking “well I don’t want to do every store, this is going to be a great day”. We looked at Old Navy, Tommy Hilfiger, home stores, etc. I was thinking about a new pair of shoes for Disney.

Then I saw the Lane Bryant outlet. Being overweight all my life, clothes shopping is very close to last on my shopping meter. I am a “go into the store, look at it, take it to the checkout and try it at home” kinda gal. I don’t spend hours looking, trying on, debating. I either like it or don’t and that is it. Who wants to tell their sort of MIL what size you wear, NOT ME, but hello she was right there. Then she started pulling out shirts for me to try on, discussing colors, even doing the “putting it up to your face to see how it goes with your eyes and coloring” thing. Too much, it was too much, I wanted to find the nearest exit. She even talked me into trying on some shirts I knew I wouldn’t like, but I tried them on for her. I nixed those quickly, but did find some I liked. I did admit that most of my shirts were way too big now, and ended up walking out of there with 5 new shirts :eek:. I was on a roll we got to the shoe store and walked out with new shoes, and OMG they are just like hers. What happened to me, what did she do to me?

011-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

We called Bill and Matt, they were in the Nike store. Marianne told them we would be over in a couple of minutes, then she saw the Jockey store. Let’s just say I know way more about the type of underwear Matt wears then I ever wanted to know. TMI, TMI, TMI :scared:. I told her I was scarred for life now :rotfl:.

We found the men in the Nike store and when I saw the Jordans on Bill a few tears leaked out. I couldn’t help it. He had dreamed of wearing shoes with no braces for as long as I have known him. He had the biggest smile on his face, he was so happy. He ended up with two pairs of shoes that day, Nikes and a pair of Skechers. Bill is from Indiana, so he got Larry Bird ones. I would bet when he was little he probably wanted a pair and couldn’t because of the braces, well he has them now.

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

Back up the mountain we went, Bill’s dad decided to look at the muffler again. The van is equipped with a slide out ramp. The van can kneel like some of the busses at Disney. Well when the van kneeled it made the hot muffler touch the bumper and it started melting the paint of the bottom of the bumper. So while we took our purchases inside the house, Matt went back down the mountain to the muffler shop.

Tonight was dinner at The Chop House. We thought it would be more crowded on a Friday night, but it wasn’t. Bill’s dad forgot his wallet and I was told that Bill’s and my money was no good, so Marianne paid. This started to annoy me and I told them we were capable of paying for things and would like to. I got the “don’t even think of arguing with me” look. Bill got Prime Rib which he loved, his mom got a huge Pork Chop it looked so funny on the plate in front of her, and Bill’s dad and I got the chicken breast. It was blah, dry and not flavorful at all. The salad was great though.

This night Marianne had plans for us. She had wanted to see “The Miracle” for a long time. What is The Miracle you say?

The Miracle is a stunning musical recreation of the life of Christ told in epic proportion. Featuring an enormous cast of actors, singers, dancers, technicians and live animals you will be awed by the magnificence of this performance.

We arrived at the theater and Marianne saw a sweatshirt she liked:

37186579.jpg

Matt saw a front license plate he liked ( in Indiana, you just have to have a plate on the back, I see a Disney one in our future since the van is licensed in Indiana ), this is not the exact one, I couldn’t find a picture of it, so this is close:

43794436.jpg

Marianne didn’t bring her wallet in and Matt had no money so I jumped at the chance to buy those two things for them. It made me happy to finally buy something for them for a change. We went into the theater and got to our seats, most of them were regular theater seats, but in the wheelchair aisle there were some bigger more comfy seats, I got one of those, yay!! They asked Bill to move up because the actors would be walking behind us? Behind us?

I didn’t have a chance to look this show up before we got there to see what to expect, Marianne thought it would be a play about Jesus. Well, it was a MUSICAL about Jesus, I kid you not. Bill and I just looked at each other in awe when a donkey, a camel, some sheep, and horses went behind us. HUH? Angels suspended from the ceiling on cables, water to wine, etc. All I can say is it was different. I will not say anything bad about this, I will say it was not the best two hours I have had in my life, would I do it again? NO, but we were all together so I am glad we went.

I will say Bill and I are not church goers, we are not heathens, we just don’t go to church that often. It doesn’t mean we don’t pray or believe. Bill’s mom is aggravated by this fact. She tends to go on and on about how we should be in church. So Bill shocked her by stating the inaccuracies of the play. He knew much more than she thought he did about the stories that were retold that night.

It was madness on the strip that night with the car show. People were going at a snails pace in the outer lanes to look at all the cars. Matt knows the back roads so we got to avoid much of that mess.

Sometimes I have to interpret what Bill says because of his speech patterns with the Cerebral Palsy. Some people don’t even try to understand him, they try to rely on me. His speech isn’t bad at all after you have been around him for a bit. His parents are pretty good at understanding him, but sometimes I still have to help out.

On the way back up the mountain, Matt was driving, I was in the passenger seat and Marianne was in back with Bill. She let out this huge sneeze and I heard Bill say “Mom that is gross”. I had to bite my lip to not bust out laughing. Why is this funny? Well a couple of Christmases ago we were at their house in Indiana, Bill started coughing like he sometimes does because of the CP and Bill’s mom had said it was “gross”. Sometimes she speaks before thinking. It had hurt Bill’s feelings that day, I saw it in his eyes. I was very close to saying something to her, but Bill asked me not to. Well over the last year Bill and I have made a joke out of it, we call each other “gross” when we do something, well gross. So when he said that to his mom, I knew he had to be grinning from ear to ear to finally say it back to her. What was even more funny was that she had no clue what he said and asked him to repeat it. Matt then said “Bill thinks you are gross”, well I lose it. I had a giggle fit. Then she asked why, I had to explain what had happened at Christmas and how now it was a joke. Matt was cracking up at this point.

I found out a wonderful thing that night. I knew that the bed had been very comfy, I had told Bill it was as “good” as my Marriott heaven bed, well it should be it is a Marriott mattress set. OMG YAY WONDERFUL. I have so much energy after I sleep on those beds, they are one of my happy places.

Next installment…Is it a vacation if you are riding in a van all day?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Way to go Bill! (we sometimes have to dish it back to our parents to survive them ;))

And I laughed soooooo hard at the musical. I'm with you...I'm a Faithful person. But, I probably would have laughed too. Okay...a lot.

and I soooooo think the chapstick is a funny thing. :rotfl: I won't tell you what my own mother does...but let's just say...chapstick is waaaaay better!

Great update hon!

:lmao: "Bill thinks you are gross."
Cute shirts-and I bet you need them.
Yepp, those pins are tradeable.
And :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: for Bill's new sneakers!

I was at the same Disney outlet store in June - I felt so at home there! :love:

Love your purchases - the shrits and shoes (both yours and Bills) are great! Gotta love the outlet mall!

Too funny about The Miracle show - my FIL wanted to see that when we were in Pigeon Forge but the brochure didn't impress me. We have a wonderful Christmas pageant show at a church near us that we see every year and it is fabulous! The show in TN just looked like it would be cheesy.

We did go to Dixie Stampede though - and it was really good! I didn't think I'd like it but it was a lot of fun!

I think you need to get yourself a Marriott mattress at home Tracy!

I am finally all caught up from being MIA! The rest of the plans for Disney look great! And the pictures from TN are amazing...it looks like you had a great time.

Looks like you guys had fun shopping! Tell bill I LOVE the shoes. I also LOVE yours because they are PINK!!!! Your shirts are adorable & I am glad you got them for yourself you deserve it!!!:cool1:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Way to go Bill! (we sometimes have to dish it back to our parents to survive them ;))

And I laughed soooooo hard at the musical. I'm with you...I'm a Faithful person. But, I probably would have laughed too. Okay...a lot.

and I soooooo think the chapstick is a funny thing. :rotfl: I won't tell you what my own mother does...but let's just say...chapstick is waaaaay better!

Great update hon!

It still cracks me up that Bill said that to her. I didn't laugh (on the outside) during the musical, but Bill and I kept looking at each other with the "do you see what I see" face.

:lmao: "Bill thinks you are gross."
Cute shirts-and I bet you need them.
Yepp, those pins are tradeable.
And :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: for Bill's new sneakers!

I did need the shirts, thanks for telling me about the pins, Bill really does love his shoes.

I was at the same Disney outlet store in June - I felt so at home there! :love:

Love your purchases - the shrits and shoes (both yours and Bills) are great! Gotta love the outlet mall!

Too funny about The Miracle show - my FIL wanted to see that when we were in Pigeon Forge but the brochure didn't impress me. We have a wonderful Christmas pageant show at a church near us that we see every year and it is fabulous! The show in TN just looked like it would be cheesy.

We did go to Dixie Stampede though - and it was really good! I didn't think I'd like it but it was a lot of fun!

I think you need to get yourself a Marriott mattress at home Tracy!

I can't believe we were at the same outlet store, that is great! You didn't miss anything not going to that show. I want to try the Stampede, I might just do it since you recommended it.

Gorgeous hike! WOW I love those pictures! :worship: Reminds me of Colorado.

Great to find a Disney Store! Nice buys!!!

I really enjoyed our walk, it was beautiful there. I always try to find a Disney store :rotfl:.

I am finally all caught up from being MIA! The rest of the plans for Disney look great! And the pictures from TN are amazing...it looks like you had a great time.

Thank you, we had a wonderful time.

Looks like you guys had fun shopping! Tell bill I LOVE the shoes. I also LOVE yours because they are PINK!!!! Your shirts are adorable & I am glad you got them for yourself you deserve it!!!:cool1:

Bill said thank you and I say thank you too.

We were up early, got showers using Bill’s big walk in shower. It is 5 feet by 8 feet:

006-1.jpg

This is the closet for the rental guests:

007-1.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the walk in closet that is locked and not used for renters.

Here is Bill’s room:

001.jpg

Family room pictures:

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

The 3rd bedroom and bath:

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

The wet bar and looking back towards “Bill’s room”:

014-1.jpg

This is a close up of the painting on the wall of the wet bar. Why take a close up shot of it? Because Bill painted it in high school. I didn’t know I was sleeping with an artist!

015-1.jpg

We all loaded into the van and headed for Chik-fil-a. We don’t have one of these around us, Bill’s parents said they liked the chicken there. The restaurant was spotless, the employees were friendly and efficient, and they even came around offering to get drink refills and throw things away. I am not used to that at a fast food restaurant. Even the manager was walking around talking to the customers. It was a nice experience.

Marianne wanted to take me to a scrapbooking store and Matt wanted nothing to do with that so he and Bill dropped us off and went to the Home Depot. Before you ask, he did NOT liberate any Mickey head paint chips for me and I am still hurt by it. Oh my goodness, let’s just say they had a lot of Disney stuff at the scrapbook store and I held back as much as I could but I did buy some things:

Scrapbook pages and stickers:

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

030.jpg

033-2.jpg

037-3.jpg

038-1.jpg

From the clearance store:

031-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

034-1.jpg

036-3.jpg

Matt and Bill picked us up and we went back to the cabin. Matt mowed, worked in the yard, put some grass seed down etc. Bill and I just talked, Marianne was cleaning something. They have a hardcover book on the countertop in the kitchen that has most of the restaurants in the area. Marianne gave Bill the book and told him to pick a restaurant for dinner. He chose Carino’s Italian Restaurant.

We drove back into Pigeon Forge, on the way down we saw this:

020-1.jpg

We went to the “Christmas Place”. Marianne had wanted to take me here the entire trip. We went ahead of Bill and Matt and I didn’t like that. I wanted to be with Bill.

022-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

~continued in next post~

I dutifully followed her around looking over my shoulder trying to spot Bill and Matt. We found some nativity scenes that Marianne really liked. The Christmas Place has a website and she is getting one of those for Christmas, plus some black miniature schnauzer things from there she went nuts over. She collects schnauzer things and it is so hard to buy thing for her and Matt so when an opportunity comes up like that where I actually see her looking at things she wants I make a note of it.

It is a big store and we kept walking, then all the sudden I heard myself say “ohhh” when I saw this:

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]Bill was mean this trip, every time I tried to take a picture of him I got this look:[/FONT]

033.jpg

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif]He thought I wouldn't post the picture if he did that, boy was he wrong
rofl.gif
[/FONT]

Seeing the Disney stuff made me happy!! I didn’t care if people thought I was nuts, I took pictures. Then Bill and Matt showed up, I had to take him to the Disney things, we both smiled at each other. Matt and Marianne are looking for a 12 ft Christmas tree to replace the one they had to throw away last year, she had had it for a long time. We then saw a Halloween Village:

035-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

It was really cool.

Then there was a Snow Village:

039-1.jpg

Bill and I both really liked these. Marianne has many of the pieces from this collection. We went toward the next room and saw this:

041-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

Then this:

048-1.jpg

On the way out we saw Santa:

049-1.jpg

We then headed to Carino’s. They seated us right away at a table for 8, I thought that was funny. Marianne ordered this appetizer and wouldn’t stop bothering me until I tried it, some nachos thing with chicken and tons of cheese. I succumbed to the peer pressure and tried it. O M G it was great, but I don’t need that stuff. I got some chicken dish and a salad, Bill got spaghetti and meatballs, and his parents shared some pasta skillet thing. None of us wanted dessert, except for Bill that is. The smallest person at the table putting away the food, cracks me up every time
rofl.gif

When we left we had no plans, look, I got to see a castle:

018-1.jpg

Gas prices went crazy while we were there. When we arrived they were $3.69 by the last night we were there it was $4.49. It went up 80 cents a gallon in one day. Matt pulled off at a gas station and would not let me pay for the gas.

He decided to take us up to the top of the mountain they live on, Bluff Mountain, to the observation point. We got out of the van and had a steep hill to go up, I was worried about Bill’s wheelchair, Matt told me not to worry about it. After we got up there we saw this view:

064-1.jpg

Some pictures from the observation point:

061.jpg

The “K’s” taking in the view:

060-1.jpg

It was such a beautiful view. We watched the clouds come in and as the sun was setting we could see the moon too:

080-2.jpg

085-2.jpg

Marianne wanted to take a picture of Bill and I (sorry it is blurry, but it is the only one of us together on the trip):

083.jpg

Down the hill we went:

082.jpg

Next installment…the end of the last night and the trip home

Matt took us past several houses on the mountain, ones that were occupied and ones being built. I don’t like the houses that are just built against the mountain with no yard. Those scare me :eek:. We could see their cabin from the road above. Then we went back to the house to turn the lights on so Marianne could see it lit up in the dark. We were laughing about seeing the cabin from all views. The conversation went like this:

Marianne: “Oh my you are going to tell people that all we did the last night was look at the house. Please God forgive me.” We started giggling.
Bill: “What about me? I have spent more time in the van then I have the cabin”. We giggled even more.
Matt: “You, what about me? I have spent the whole time going up and down the mountain to the muffler shop”. We all lost it and were laughing so hard.

It was great to have us all laughing together. We got back to the cabin, which Marianne informed us was “not a cabin, it is a log home”, and I couldn’t believe the view out of the Great Room windows:

091-2.jpg

See that circle on the upper right? That is the moon, horrible picture, but I tried. It was gorgeous to see that through the windows. We went out on the kitchen deck to start the fireplace and I tried to take another picture of the moon:

096-2.jpg

Here is the fireplace (lit up with my flash):

095-2.jpg

It was time for bed, they wanted to be gone by noon, but I had other plans. I was up at 6:30am, had Bill ready by 7:30am and we were out of there by 9:15am. Marianne didn’t want me helping her clean anything, they took pictures of Bill in front of the “log home” and I took a picture of Marianne’s Charlie Brown tree:

021.jpg

See why she calls it that? The people that put the irrigation in screwed something up and poor Charlie didn’t get enough water, I sure hope he makes it. I am going to take a picture of him at Christmas for an update. We told them goodbye and I got to drive down the mountain. I didn’t like it one bit :rotfl:. Give me the flat ground in Southern Illinois any day.

Gas in some places was up to $4.99 a gallon, it was crazy. After we got through Knoxville we stopped at Cracker Barrel to eat. It was getting really windy. We got back on the road and on our way. I didn’t know that we were driving through some of the after effects of Ike, but we were. On our drive I saw this picture, it reminded me of our great TR writer Buzz:

106-1.jpg

Brown Squirrel Furniture, Buzz loves squirrels :thumbsup2.

The Sirius radio was changed out by Matt before we left, so it was NFL games the entire way home. We listened to the Patriots play then and the Colts. When we pulled into our apartment parking lot we saw many people standing outside which was odd. Come to find out about 8:30am there had been a pretty bad storm and the power was off in the building. The building has a generator which usually turns everything back on, for some reason the only thing the generator was running was the elevators. At least we could get back to our apartment. I text Scott and told him I wouldn’t be back Enchanted that night CRY. We went out, had dinner and came back and went to sleep.

The next day the power still wasn’t on, we went to get Ace and he was so happy to see us. We scheduled the rest of his “visits” for the year and went to a park with him. He had fun sniffing around. We decided to go to Best Buy and ended up buying Bill a laptop (darn power outage, we wouldn’t have went there if the power was on in our part of town). We took Ace to PetCo, it is his zoo, he loves watching the ferrets, birds, fish, and mice. We gave a friend of ours that lives in the building our number to call us if the power came back on, and she did!! YAY!! I was so happy.

Ace was worn out. We got him in the door and he immediately went to his spot on the couch and crashed.

001-1.jpg

This concludes my mini trip report about the mountains, I hope you enjoyed it. Now I can get back to my PTR and Disney planning.

Great report Tracy! That place looks so stunningly beautiful! I love the mountains!

Oh, and BTW...guess what I got in the mail yesterday? (My Mickey nail stickers :rotfl: - love them! Thanks!)

Sara

Great report Tracy! That place looks so stunningly beautiful! I love the mountains!

Oh, and BTW...guess what I got in the mail yesterday? (My Mickey nail stickers :rotfl: - love them! Thanks!)

Sara

Hi Sara, thank you so much for reading. I am glad you got some nail stickers too!!

Your picture of the turkey cracked me up because we had 10 of them in our backyard today. They're actually around a lot but this is the first time I "caught" them. They are one ugly bird!

More gorgeous pictures Tracy! What a nice little trip for you two. The Christmas shop looks great! My MIL went there while we were in Pigeon Forge and got tons of stuff!

And you should definately try Dixie Stampede when you go back - fun time!

Is it REALLY a coincidence that Bill's room is NEXT to the wet bar??? I think not!

And :woohoo:!!!! Bill's an Arteest!

Great rest of your trip.

Bill...honey...you need to smile. Tracy is going to post pics of you here whether you want her to or not. ;) Besides...it makes your eyes sparkle!

I WANT THE CABIN!

And let's all have a moment of silence for the dear tree. :sad2: Hope that thing's still standing during Christmas!

Now hurry up! Get going to Disney. Get to the "good" stuff! ::yes::

Your picture of the turkey cracked me up because we had 10 of them in our backyard today. They're actually around a lot but this is the first time I "caught" them. They are one ugly bird!

They are unique looking. It just shocked me that we saw one. He better stay off the road all the construction trucks will smash him flat.

More gorgeous pictures Tracy! What a nice little trip for you two. The Christmas shop looks great! My MIL went there while we were in Pigeon Forge and got tons of stuff!

And you should definately try Dixie Stampede when you go back - fun time!

Thanks Michelle. I liked the Christmas store, I think I just was wanting to go home, I really missed Ace.

Thanks for sharing your mini-TR with us. The pictures of the Smokey Mountains were beautiful!

Thanks Lessa.

Is it REALLY a coincidence that Bill's room is NEXT to the wet bar??? I think not!

And :woohoo:!!!! Bill's an Arteest!

Great rest of your trip.

Bill...honey...you need to smile. Tracy is going to post pics of you here whether you want her to or not. ;) Besides...it makes your eyes sparkle!

I WANT THE CABIN!

And let's all have a moment of silence for the dear tree. :sad2: Hope that thing's still standing during Christmas!

Now hurry up! Get going to Disney. Get to the "good" stuff! ::yes::

I have never seen Bill drink anything but soda around his parents, I have had wine with them but Bill doesn't like wine, he is hardcore:lmao:.

That poor tree did look pathetic, I hope it makes it. I am trying to hurry up and get to Disney, I wish I was there now. We will be at the 20 day mark tomorrow :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana: !!

Such gorgeous views!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I loved seeing all the pictures.

The scrapbooking stuff that you bought is so cute! How did you resist the Disney Christmas stuff? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter