Introduce Yourselves!

Me and my dg have been together for almost four years now, and it has been great. she was my straight best friend but I did the unthinkable and here she is. Our lives are not that different from yours, we have to work our living hard (here in PR we do not earn that much even for well paid jobs) that's why we are thinking moving over the USA, Orlando or maybe New Mexico; I have only two semesters two go to finish my BA. God helps us!. When we are not working we like to stay home and watch a movie and cook a fine dinner. I'm still learning this DIS thing but I'll tell you it's wonderful, I have to log in at least once a day. By the way do any of you know about gay night life in orlando, any bars or club we can go while we are there? It has been a pleasure :goodvibes

Hi All.

My name is John and I am going to WDW with Xtreeme79 (Nick And Chris) this month. Aug 22nd - 27th we are staying at the Hilton at DTD thanks to a ton of Hilton Honors points that I have to use up. I am a Nurse by trade but I currently work as a Product Manager for a Home Care software company.

I will ensure that Xtreeme79 goes to Turtle talk - the nerve using Chris and I as an excuse. He is going to see it twice for that. I might even make him ride it"s a small world for that.......

Xtreeme79 said:
All I can say is WOW...a new mecca. First off: high everybody :wave2: . My name is Nick and I am as new as I can be to the boards here. First post. This site is such a wealth of information. I just finished reading Viki's trip report which I thoroughly loved. Haven't gotten a chance to have read the other's yet but very much looking forward to it. As I said, my name is Nick and I am 27 years old and my awesome partner's name is Chris (26). I'm a respiratory therapist who does Sleep studies mostly so I am posting quite late. I'm at work. Chris is a CRNA and we are living in Baton Rouge, LA at the moment but will be relocating to Houston in January. I also have an evil cat who is part Scar part Nala. lol. I'm much more of a Disney freak than Chris...haven't quite truly converted him yet although he is excited about our trip in August. Hopefully it will be an annual thing he just doesn't know it yet. Alas, it is great to see such awesome people here and I have enjoyed reading everything so far.

--Nick :wave:

Welcome Nick! Me and my partner John just got back and we had a blast! And you simply must do Turtle Talk...it's not too "kiddy" at all, and it is really cool to watch Crush talk to everyone. Have a great trip!

PS we are in the middle of our trip report on the Trips Report Board...I have to finish days 5, 7, and 9 and John needs to do Day Six...but days 1-4 are up if you'd like to read them: JOhn and Mike's Trip Report...each day is a seperate posting.

Nurseman said:
Hi All.

My name is John and I am going to WDW with Xtreeme79 (Nick And Chris) this month. Aug 22nd - 27th we are staying at the Hilton at DTD thanks to a ton of Hilton Honors points that I have to use up. I am a Nurse by trade but I currently work as a Product Manager for a Home Care software company.

I will ensure that Xtreeme79 goes to Turtle talk - the nerve using Chris and I as an excuse. He is going to see it twice for that. I might even make him ride it"s a small world for that.......

Cool, now just make sure you all get over to Victoria Falls for an adult beverage!

Viki said:
Cool, now just make sure you all get over to Victoria Falls for an adult beverage!

:thumbsup2 That should not be a problem since we have an ADR for Jiko set up! :smooth:

Welcome to the Disboards and to this thread!

prgirl - Orlando has lots of nightclubs, but they're rather spread out. Go to the website gayorlando.com for a detailed listing. When we lived there, we would spend most of our social time (clubbing) at either Parliament House or Club Firestone. Each offers a different experience, but we'd see most of our friends at either of these clubs.

Nurseman - Thanks for ensuring that Nick gets to see Crush. A true accomplishment from the minds of Walt Disney Imagineering!

David :earsboy:

hamlet35_2000 said:
Welcome Nick! Me and my partner John just got back and we had a blast! And you simply must do Turtle Talk...it's not too "kiddy" at all, and it is really cool to watch Crush talk to everyone. Have a great trip!

PS we are in the middle of our trip report on the Trips Report Board...I have to finish days 5, 7, and 9 and John needs to do Day Six...but days 1-4 are up if you'd like to read them: JOhn and Mike's Trip Report...each day is a seperate posting.

Thanks for the welcome Mike. :wave2: I will definitely get over to the trip reports board and take a gander. The trip reports definitely have made my nights at work go much faster! Can't wait to read it. I'm ready to leave NOW! I'm a big kid. I don't know if Chris and John are going to be able to handle me. :rotfl2:

And thank you guys for the affirmation about Turtle Talk. I had mentioned I had been posting on the boards here last night and John started typing away. :lmao: See what the boards can do for you... so yeah we are now going to Turtle Talk... AND It's a Small World :sad2: Grrr... It's all good though. Thanks David.

Viki-- we are still working on the specifics of going to have drinks with you guys. We will find a way! :woohoo: Should be fun and looking forward to it.

And John (nurseman)...you are awesome. Big thanks for all you are doing. We are going to have fun up in the W-D-W. :dance3: CAN'T wait.

--Nick "woot woot" C

Hi there everyone, my name is Chris I'm 27 and my DP is Brian he's 30. We live in Northwest Indiana, about 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. We have been together for three years; we own a two-bedroom home, and two very big lap dogs (100 pound rottweilers). Sept. 9-16 will be the first trip to WDW for both of us. We are really excited! We opted for the platinum plan, just because we're newbies and wanted to really try and get the best of everything they have to offer. So far it's been a very exciting adventure planning and such, they have us doing so much I hope our heads don't pop off by the end of the week. Who knew you could swim with the dolphins or go horseback riding at WDW??? All I have to say is this is going to be a trip to remember for me.

About all of you though, I must say that it's been very nice to read everything each and every one of you has had to say, you really are a nice bunch of people!

Viki - I must say you sound like a super nice person, I hope you have fun at Vic and Al's! We are also going there one night for our anniversary albeit our anniversary isn't as super special as yours :-) only three years! Gosh I hope it doesn't sound like I've been stalking you, but it's just been so munch fun reading all of the posts in the forum. I truly enjoyed the drag question to which I also was picturing something completely different!

Noah - Mark really is a cutie!

Foxxboys - just wondering but it wouldn't be and OMNICOM agency would it?

BNC said:
Foxxboys - just wondering but it wouldn't be and OMNICOM agency would it?

Hi Chris, and welcome. I currently don't work for Omnicom, but have a meeting on Thursday with them. Any insight to share?

David :earsboy:

Hi everybody. Okay, so I just posted a mammoth entry on the interview thread that tells a lot about me, so I'll just give you the short and sweet:
My name is Lee, I live in Birmingham, AL with my husband of 5 years (anniversary is tomorrow!), Jeff. We share a house with our basset hound, Toby, and a whole lot of techie stuff. Both of us work in IT and are gadget obsessed.
Check out the other thread for a good insight into my psyche. :sunny:

Hi Everyone! I'm Steve and my partner's name is Jim. We live in St. Petersburg, FL, a nice short drive to the parks. I used to work at The Jungle Cruise way back when. I used to be a DVC member also (Boardwalk). Hope to again someday. We enjoy all the parks and love heading over for a good meal--love Boma and just about anything at Epcot. Guess that's it for now!

Steve & Jim

My name is Tony i am 36.....will be turning 37 at Disney World this october :banana: . I recently moved to Dallas Texas.....I have also recently split with my partner of 9 years. Anyone in Dallas give me a holler can always use a new friend! Mickey is my favorite character. :)

So I just realized with the posts I've made that I never made an intro!

My name's David, I'm 25 years old, and I live in Davenport, Florida. If you've never heard of it, you're not alone so no worries! It's very close to Disney (13.5 miles from my driveway to the MK parking lot), and lets just say I'm there A LOT! :rotfl2: My DP and I just hit our 5 year mark, and have a 3-bedroom home that is mostly taken up by our very large family of very small members. We have five (yes five) cats, as well as a blue and gold macaw, a nanday conure, two budgies, and as of Wednesday we were joined by a pair of blue-masked lovebirds (who have already taken their cage apart and escaped while we were at work LOL).

I'm a Disney addict. My favorite character is Maleficent :maleficen I'm also a huge food fan. I eat on Disney property far too often (bye-bye paycheck :rolleyes: ), as a matter of fact I'll be at the Flying Fish tonight for the first time :rotfl:

If anyone comes to visit, feel free to shoot me a message!

ConcKahuna said:
So I just realized with the posts I've made that I never made an intro!

My name's David, I'm 25 years old, and I live in Davenport, Florida. If you've never heard of it, you're not alone so no worries! It's very close to Disney (13.5 miles from my driveway to the MK parking lot), and lets just say I'm there A LOT! :rotfl2: My DP and I just hit our 5 year mark, and have a 3-bedroom home that is mostly taken up by our very large family of very small members. We have five (yes five) cats, as well as a blue and gold macaw, a nanday conure, two budgies, and as of Wednesday we were joined by a pair of blue-masked lovebirds (who have already taken their cage apart and escaped while we were at work LOL).

I'm a Disney addict. My favorite character is Maleficent :maleficen I'm also a huge food fan. I eat on Disney property far too often (bye-bye paycheck :rolleyes: ), as a matter of fact I'll be at the Flying Fish tonight for the first time :rotfl:

If anyone comes to visit, feel free to shoot me a message!

Hey, David, we love the flying fish! Enjoy!

Hi everyone, I'm Ashley, or resol37 (that's "loser" backwards). I'm a 23 year old straight girl currently living in Monroe, NC. I guess I'm "from" Monroe by now as I've been living here since 1995. My dad was in the Air Force and we never stayed in one place too long so I rarely tie myself down as being "from" somewhere.

After a year and a half of living with two room mates, I've moved back in with my parents - I really need a larger paycheck if I want my own place and my room mates were driving me nuts. We have four cats, but Sophie is my baby.

I work in a city/county call center. It's not the most stimulating job in the world, but without a degree it's what I could get. Luckily, I just recently changed to a night shift and spend most of my nights on-line and enjoying my portable DVD player.

I've never had anything that I'd call a relationship and now is no different...honestly, I don't get out much.

Disney-MGM Studios is my favorite park. As you can see, I did the college program internship in 2004 and was lucky enough to work there. While it was hard for me (I have problems with depression and anxiety and living away from my comfort zone was a problem), I stuck it through and I now terribly miss being able to pop over to the parks at any time. Luckily, I'm returning for three days (visiting Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Sea World) exactly 4 weeks from today!

My name is Dan and my partners name is Herb.
I am the goofy little mexican on the right. Ha ha!

I am 40 and Herbie is 48.
I know. He's a cradle robber! Ha ha!
Hey, what can I say. He swept me off of my feet!

We have been together for 5 years and venture down to Disney at least twice a year. We love the atmosphere and meeting new people from all over the country.

Speaking of which. We just came back from another trip where we met a bartendar at Port Orleans french quarter named Shelly.
Yes. She is family and a great girl. If anyone is heading down anytime soon. Be sure to stop by and say hi to her. She'll have you in stiches! Tell her that Dan and Herb from Chicago sent you!

I guess I'll get in here.

My name is Angela and I am 22. The Mrs. is 21 and we have been together for five years.

We have two dogs a 6 year old Black Lab named Willow and a 2 year old Cocker Spaniel named Sebastian who are living with my parents right now.

The Mrs. is going to school for phycology and she is going to grad school next year. I am working full time right now at an alarm company and I also sell Lia Sophia jewelry and The Body Shop bath and body products. I am planning to begin school in the spring as a Pre-Med major.

We love Disney and we are hoping to go again in 2007.

We are both obsessed with Grey's Anatomy. popcorn::

Hi all! Just joined today! I met a couple of great people at DL today and found out about DISboards! I am also a member of M***chat group.
Missed gay days, this year, but looking forward to next year.
Do you guys meet at DL every week?

My name is Ken. I live in Pelham, NY about 17 miles north of NYC. I celebrated my 50th birthday last October with an 11 day stay at WDW and a shorter birthday trip this October for 5 days. Annual Passes are a wonderful thing!

I have a beautiful 122lb dog named Connall. He is a Lurcher. I live and work at an Episcopal Church doing caretaking kinds of work and anything artistic that needs to be done. You know it takes a fairly to make it pretty!

My long term goal is to get a job at Disney and I hope to move there by June 2007.

My Disney addiction kicked in around 1999 with my first trip to DW. Next month I am going to be in Disneyland in Anaheim for a conference. I have almost every Disney movie made in my collection! Still trying to find Song of the South.

So that is me. Other interest include medieval history and culture, horseback riding, reading, and theater as a performer and as an audience member.

What better way to mark my 200th post then by saying :welcome: to a fellow Tigger :tigger: and all the other new people to the Dis G&L board! :goodvibes

Welcome to the part party:

:grouphug:

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter