Intro as you enter the ship...??

ilovenyc72

Earning My Ears
Is Disney flexible on what you want them to say as you enter the ship? Instead of the family name, I was going to ask if they can just announce my two little nieces as princesses. Do you think they'd do that or are they insistent on saying the family name? Thanks for your help. :)

Is Disney flexible on what you want them to say as you enter the ship? Instead of the family name, I was going to ask if they can just announce my two little nieces as princesses. Do you think they'd do that or are they insistent on saying the family name? Thanks for your help. :)
In January they asked if we wanted first or surnames so they are flexible.

Is there time to run my video camera to a CM so they video us as we walk onto the ship? Want to record everyone's faces. TIA!

Is there time to run my video camera to a CM so they video us as we walk onto the ship? Want to record everyone's faces. TIA!

I wish I had thought about that when we cruise in January for my wife's 60th birthday with a group of 14.

I recommend turning on your video camera just after they take your family picture. Your name will be asked the moment you step aboard.

I recommend turning on your video camera just after they take your family picture. Your name will be asked the moment you step aboard.

Thanks! Will they allow me to run my camera over to a CM standing in the entryway, then I run back to my family & they record our reaction & entrance?

Thank you!!! That's what I figured, but don't want to hold up the line behind me because I'm photo/video obsessed.
Could you maybe try to slip in a few people ahead of your group to approach the CMs? Then rejoin your group. That would cut back on holding up the line.

Just off the Fantasy and they would not do it. (They'd done it on previous cruises.) I thought that was odd (as well very Un-Disney!!) and.... the rest of the week everyone addressed my daughter as "princess".

I've seen reports that too many people were coming up with "cute" (as in when you say them they aren't so nice) names for announcements that they have restricted the names to actual first or surnames for announcements.

Well eleven cruises and on all of them I have listened to varied announcements, not just the family names, I would ask, their there to please you, so ask. One CM one day might say no. Most will do anything for you, that You want to enjoy your cruise.

Well eleven cruises and on all of them I have listened to varied announcements, not just the family names, I would ask, their there to please you, so ask. One CM one day might say no. Most will do anything for you, that You want to enjoy your cruise.

Well guess we got the ONE CM who ONE DAY decided to say no. I actually thought it was a little obnoxious as a "first" impression.

In my experience, they will do as you ask! Have a pre-printed card with what you want them to say and hand it to the CM as you enter the boarding area. All they have to do is read it. My 3 year old (when we boarded the last time in October) always refers to our family as the "Gonk Gonk Family". I don't know why, but does. So when we entered the boarding area, I handed the CM a card that read...Introducing the "Gonk Gonk Family, Princess Chandler, Prince Maddoxx and Prince Beckett and of course the "Gonk Gonk Parents, Kathy and Traci". All the CM's loved it! Make it easy for them and there shouldn't be any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter