Intresting article in USA Today....cruise prices going up

Very interesting article, Nick. Thanks for posting a link to it. I wonder if the big increase in DVC point requirement for DCL was mostly in anticipation for cash price increases in the near future. If they increase it drastically for 2005, then they could level out the point requirement for the next few years hoping we don't see a difference and also won't have the 2005 jolt in price fresh on our minds. In a few years, the point requirements may seem like a 'deal.'

Also, on another note, I wonder if Disney will now begin adding longer cruises as the trend states in the article.

Since a lot of cruises still go out of FL, I still hope that they have those FL resident discounts and cheap last minute deals.

Disney seems to be able to fill up their 3 cruises a week year round with little problem. Probably a "supply and demand" thing. That may be why they are thinking long and hard about IF they want to add ships (and passenger capacity).
My mom takes off next Sunday on Celebrity's Mercury for 7 days, San Francisco to Monterey, to Santa Cruise to Cabo and back to San Francisco for $389 for an inside cabin. Not the warmest time to cruise, but for her, the ship is the vacation, the ports and just an added bonus.
She did a repositioning cruise last year, 7 days around Hawaii, then on to Vancouver for a total of 11 days at a very good rate.
She did splurge the year before and do 14 days around the tip of South America, that was more expensive though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter